Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sharp Shooters Supply.

Sharp Shooters Supply.

Received a letter from SSS last week. They apologized for the delay in filing orders for stocks, citing health reasons. Said that they were back to doing stocks at about 6 per week and were working to fill all back orders in the order received. There were about 40 (?) names of the list, so at 6 per week, I should have the stock I ordered in February about the middle of October. One can only hope, as I have heard this tune before. Will let Savage Shooters members know when, and if, I receive it.

din
    Did they mention what the health concerns were? I hope they're both doing okay.

Nothing major, Fred will be 100% shortly. He is very close now and is working.

Dennis
    [B][SIZE=3]Dennis[/SIZE][/B]

din
    Good to hear.

Basic Member
    Thanks for the information. I hope Fred gets to feeling better.

Does anyone know if they are still carrying mag wells, followers, sears, springs etc... they used to have then listed on their web page but I couldn`t find them.

Interesting, try sending them an email.

Dennis
    [B][SIZE=3]Dennis[/SIZE][/B]

SSS has stopped selling stock replacement parts which is why they're no longer listed on the website. Between Savage not being able to fill their parts orders in a timely manner and customers not having a clue what they have (and need) and then blame SSS when the parts they ordered arrive and don't fit their gun, it was just more of a headache than it was worth to them. You'll have to deal with Brownells, Midway USA or the like from now on for replacement parts.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Yes, I admit I was clueless. If I had had a clue, I would not have dealt with SSS.

DennisPA
    I just mailed my money order for a dog tracker stock from SSS. When I emailed them about lead times Lisa guessed the beginning of next year. Can't wait to get it.

Basic Member
    You will not be unhappy with it! Their Stocks are top notch! I have both the Pro Hunter and the New soon to hit the market Pro Tac for my Axis and both are stellar. I will have to get another Axis next year to fill the Pro hunter as the Pro Tac fits my current set up and shooting style better!

Quote Originally Posted by DennisPA View Post
    I just mailed my money order for a dog tracker stock from SSS. When I emailed them about lead times Lisa guessed the beginning of next year. Can't wait to get it.
    Good luck with your delivery. Haven't received my stock that I ordered in February and was told that they would be all caught up on back orders by last week. Wouldn't get my hopes up on deliver date.

DennisPA
    I don't need it until May so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Basic Member
    They're working some long hours now. I was receiving messages from them at 9pm Pacific time.
    Last edited by LoneWolf; 10-24-2013 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DennisPA View Post
    I don't need it until May so I'll keep my fingers crossed.
    2014 ?

DennisPA
    Yes May 2014 is the next Ridgway VBR shoot. That raises a question how did you guys finish your stocks? Just spray some clear coat and wet sand or tru oil? I don't know if it matter but I'm getting the Black/Black/Purple.

ABE_EOD
    I got one of their LVT stocks and finished it with gun sav'r from brownells.
    http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-to...-prod5529.aspx

here is the link to the one i finished:
    http://www.savageshooters.com/showth...s-first-Custom

MarTay6
    I just had several email's back and forth today as well as a phone conversation with them, ordered a Savage target action and tune/time package from them, promised it in late Dec/early Jan.... seems they're working and in business. Very helpful, prompt responding to my emails today.
    Wes

masterblaster
    They may take a while but every part I got from them is top notch, the ejector extractor kits are great as well as their fishnet fluted bolt tubes.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    They may take a while but every part I got from them is top notch, the ejector extractor kits are great as well as their fishnet fluted bolt tubes.
    There bolt bodies are a beauty. there on two rifles so far!

masterblaster
    Yeah I have them on one, as soon as I am done " building " my other three they will have them too.

DennisPA
    Is SSS typicaly bad at getting back to people? When I was ordering my stock the responce was great. I was told my stock would be ready in the beginning of the 2014. So I emailed and it's been a week with no responce. Is this typical?

"Is SSS typicaly bad at getting back to people? When I was ordering my stock the responce was great. I was told my stock would be ready in the beginning of the 2014. So I emailed and it's been a week with no responce. Is this typical?"

The products I have bought from them have been of good quality. I don't think they are the ultimate in Savage sales, and I know they are poor in customer service. I received a PTA from them, but it took 8 months, and I received the stock I ordered, but it took 10 months. So I would not put a lot of faith in what Lisa tells you, just expect that you will get your stock when they get around to filling your order.
    Last edited by blvedere; 01-19-2014 at 05:45 PM.

JCalhoun
    Finish the stock with medium then to very fine wet sanding. Rub down the denatured alcohol and let dry. I had GCS spray the Duracoat clear on it.

DennisPA
    Fred go back to me thru PM and Lisa got back to me thru email. Both saying Feb to March time frame. Fingers crossed it will be close!

Quote Originally Posted by MarTay6 View Post
    I just had several email's back and forth today as well as a phone conversation with them, ordered a Savage target action and tune/time package from them, promised it in late Dec/early Jan.... seems they're working and in business. Very helpful, prompt responding to my emails today.
    Wes
    Wes,

Do not see PTA's on their website any more. Have you received yours ?

Bob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast