Thread: Stock for action with 5.00in action screws

big norm

Stock for action with 5.00in action screws

I have two loker model savage 116, one with blind mag and one with drop mag.. Action screw spacing is 5 inches.. dows anyone know of any stocks with this spacing, nothing tactical, wood lanimate is fine.. I tried stockys and Richard microfit

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

stangfish
    Boyds stocks is another place. I have no idea what a loker model is though. The 116 is nice enough however.
    Last edited by stangfish; 09-19-2013 at 11:50 PM.

big norm
    Older model 116.. to much Hennessey! Forgot about Boyds

First, I'm assuming the word "loker" is supposed to be "older".

I'll bet you a gazillion dollars that the screw spacing is 5.062" and not 5 inches even. That would make it a standard Savage long action so any stock designated to fit a 110/111/112/114/116 will work.

The real question is what style drop mag do you have? Is the mag release a button on the side or a lever on the bottom? If it's a side button then you're pretty much S.O.L as no one that I know of makes an aftermarket stock for that style. Only real option would be if Numrick's Gun Parts happens to still have a factory wood one available, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

stangfish
    Jim, was the 116 made back when they had the side mag release? Could a SF mag be used in a SF blind mag stock for a side button release rifle by blocking the mag in the well?
    Last edited by stangfish; 09-20-2013 at 06:23 PM.

big norm
    Yes, its actually 5.062, I have both a blind mag and one with the side release button. Boyds does advertise a stock for the actions with the 5.062 action screw spacing

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big norm View Post
    Yes, its actually 5.062, I have both a blind mag and one with the side release button. Boyds does advertise a stock for the actions with the 5.062 action screw spacing

If you`re looking online at the Boyds website, be sure to read all of the stuff at the bottom of the page because I think it says it won`t work with the side button release. I could be wrong on that so be sure to check before ordering.

I'm 99% sure Boyds doesn't offer anything for the older side-button drop mags. I think Hogue or Bell & Carlson did at one time, but whether they're still available or not I have no clue and both would be synthetic. The verbage you need to look for would read something like "Savage 110 flat-top staggered-feed detachable magazine with side button release."

The other option would be to convert the drop magazine gun to a blind magazine which would greatly increase your stock options.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

big norm
    Yeah, I intend on converting it to a blind mag, could care less about a drop mag!

Last edited by big norm; 09-21-2013 at 12:21 AM.

Basic Member
    Did the same thing with mine.