Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Pa Shootout(NEW DATE***NEW LOCATION**SAME FUN)

2013 Pa Shootout(NEW DATE***NEW LOCATION**SAME FUN)

OK Fellas! I have had alot of interest in wanting to shoot longer ranges, so we will get to do that this year. I have booked our shoot at the:

Mifflin County Sportsmans Assoc. 1000yd range!!!!!!!!!!!!! The range is located in Lewistown, Pa.

The date of our shoot will be Saturday May 4th!!!!!

As of now I also have Saturday May 11th booked as a rainout date.

The club is currently doing alot of upgrades to the gun range but should be finished before we get there.... I will be going up there to check it out real soon and i will know more. Here is the info I know of the range:

the range address is:
    11760 Ferguson Valley Rd. Lewistown, Pa 17044

http://www.mifflincosportsmens.com/default.htm

-It has only 16 benches(2 pavilions side by side with 8 benches each) so with the amount of members we have we will need to share benches(2people per bench).

NOTES *I already have a list of people who have committed to coming and have to count them and pair them up, so if you plan on attending please send me a private message(PM).

* The spots will be made available to Savageshooter MEMBERS first who have come to the previous shoots, followed by any new shooters that wish to come.
    *If we fill up I will start a waiting list incase someone has to back out.

-There are a row of target backers for each pavilion at various distances
    -left pavilion (25,50,100,200,300,500,1000yds)
    -right pavilion(25,50,100,150,200,300,500 yds)

-There are food places, hotels, a hospital, and about 5 gun shops within a few minutes of the range.

One thing we will do is to PAY IN ADVANCE for our spot! It should only run about $10 per shooter. Once I get the shooter line-up solidified I will set a time to pay for your spot.

I will post any new info I get.
    I will also be starting an information thread soon just to keep the important info readily available.
    Last edited by pdog06; 02-06-2013 at 09:49 PM. Reason: info
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

Basic Member
    Hi Mike, My wife and I are having a secound child (Boy) He is due on May 28th. At this time I will have to say that I cant make it this year. Would of loved to get my 308 out to 500yards or more...

lets start chattin guys!
    Last edited by pdog06; 02-06-2013 at 09:59 PM.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

Basic Member
    This might work for me. we are due at the end of may.. Now is I can get some 175g bullets...when do you need to know by?

I can put you on the bench list I am making, and when I get the list full I will be asking for money to commit to your spot. I have given previous Shootout attendees first priority for the time being, and I already have some newcomers on a waiting list for a spot.

I am currently trying to reach out thru pm's to some of the past attendees.
    Last edited by pdog06; 02-05-2013 at 07:56 PM.
    ~Clint Eastwood

I have pm'd most of last years attendees that I have not already spoken with.

Lets get the talk going on this shoot!!!!!! After all, it is right around the corner!

Personally, I cannot wait. The idea of longer ranges has me all pumped up!
    ~Clint Eastwood

Mike, please add me to the wait list on the 500yd bench.
    Are you tax diversified?

As things look now COUNT ME IN, have shot 600 many times BUT 1000 yards only once have to try it again

Balljoint, Freepistol, BigOldboy,Viper9696,12fv308,bythebook,sniper15545, thorbird, and shovelheadave. I got all your messages and have you down for a spot.

ben, past attendees are getting first shot at a bench since we are somewhat limited, so you are good to go. Just keep in mind we will be sharing benches. That hopefully still gives us enough room for 32 shooters though, which was what we had last year.
    Last edited by pdog06; 02-06-2013 at 10:03 PM.
    ~Clint Eastwood

according to my sheet we currently have 11 benches filled with around 22-24 shooters. I still have about 5 pm's that I am waiting for a response for.

Shaping up to be another awesome shoot
    ~Clint Eastwood

Basic Member
    Awesome. You guys put on a great event, I can't wait.

This is the ONLY time I wish I was a yankee!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    This is the ONLY time I wish I was a yankee!!!

LOL. you just need a road trip!
    ~Clint Eastwood

Team Savage
    I just thought of something. Is there any room at all for people who could shoot prone?
    That could possibly open up some added room.
    Just a thought... Thanks Guys

Big Old Boy
    Apache, i'm coming up from Tn. for the the shoot you can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTrack View Post
    I just thought of something. Is there any room at all for people who could shoot prone?
    That could possibly open up some added room.
    Just a thought... Thanks Guys
    I know that the shooting pavilions are raised but not sure how much. I will be going up there within the next couple weeks to check it out and see what other options we have. I want to also look to see if its possible to set up a couple portable benches, which could allow us to spread out a little.

Stay Tuned!
    ~Clint Eastwood

pa hog
    I'm in and I'll go with you if you want to check out the Range.

Basic Member
    I got a box of 178 a-max's. There is company that holds long range shooting classes there. On the web-site they say to use 9 to 13" bi-pods for prone. I guess they put the legs off the platform..

Lets pool some funds together and get some Tanaright, that would be a blast "pardon the pun"

Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

no tanerite! I may want to have another savageshoot there. If you want tanerite then find the range and plan it and we will all come...LOL
    ~Clint Eastwood

I was not aware Tanarite was frowned upon at ranges, I still love that stuff http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cxlx8TYWoKM

Dean
    Last edited by scope eye; 02-11-2013 at 10:05 PM. Reason: spellink
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pdog06 View Post
    I know that the shooting pavilions are raised but not sure how much. I will be going up there within the next couple weeks to check it out and see what other options we have. I want to also look to see if its possible to set up a couple portable benches, which could allow us to spread out a little.

Stay Tuned!
    I'm a member at that range. There is a raised (level with top of benches) spot to the left of the pavilions with room for 2-3 prone shooters, and a spot between the pavilions at floor level for the same (or a portable bench). The right side pavilion sits slightly lower than the left one. We have members from several states that travel to the facility just to shoot 1k yards with their .50's and similar rifles.

I have Reserves the primary date, but if by any chance the date changes to the 11th, I'll be up to offer a hand where I can.

fordwannabe
    uh MIKE.....I HOPE YOU INCLUDED YOUR LITTLE FAT BUDDY IN THAT LIST!!

Yes I did Tom...LOL
    ~Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by fordwannabe View Post
    uh MIKE.....I HOPE YOU INCLUDED YOUR LITTLE FAT BUDDY IN THAT LIST!!
    Ok, so who you callin fat?
    Ed Bell, PA Deer Hunter & NRA Life Member ~ “The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.”~

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast