Thread: Substitute Model 110 Bases on Model 25 .204

JRodko

Substitute Model 110 Bases on Model 25 .204

Hey guys,

I'm looking to switch my .204 lightweight varminter thumbhole scope and want to make the switch to the Leupold QR system. Does anyone know if I can use 2 peice bases for a model 110? I have tried talking to Savage and have heard it may or may not... so not a lot of help there.

Cheers,

Justin

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JRodko View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm looking to switch my .204 lightweight varminter thumbhole scope and want to make the switch to the Leupold QR system. Does anyone know if I can use 2 peice bases for a model 110? I have tried talking to Savage and have heard it may or may not... so not a lot of help there.

Cheers,

Justin

The model 25 bases are unique unto themselves. This per Andrew at Savage Customer Service and a fellow from EGW that I talked to before Memorial Day. I know this isn't what you want but EGW does make a nice one piece base for the M25.
    Aries by birth, Taurus by choice.

JRodko
    is there anyway I can convince one of my fine neighbors to the south to send me some baSes

Basic Member
    is there anyway I can convince one of my fine neighbors to the south to send me some baSes
    Are you saying you don't have any bases? Allso are you saying you are in Canada?

JRodko
    I am in Canada yeah and my rear base cracked while taking it off somehow and savage isn't being very helpful..

Basic Member
    I am in Canada yeah and my rear base cracked while taking it off somehow and savage isn't being very helpful..
    PM me please

Might want to check the law as I know Canada is pretty strict about what they'll allow to be shipped there from the U.S. when it comes to anything pertaining to firearms or sighting devices. Wouldn't want anyone getting into trouble with Customs for just trying to help out a fellow forum member.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFurious View Post
    Might want to check the law as I know Canada is pretty strict about what they'll allow to be shipped there from the U.S. when it comes to anything pertaining to firearms or sighting devices. Wouldn't want anyone getting into trouble with Customs for just trying to help out a fellow forum member.

That is what he and I were discussing over email. Also not so much Canada but how the USA doesn't like gun parts leaving our borders. I ran into this on eBay a few times selling scopes. It is so stupid. We all know how very little of the scopes available to us in the USA are not made here. No problem importing them, now try to send one out of the border. I am not even sure I could legally ship one to Alaska or Hawaii. I have sold a few sets of scope rings and shipped them to Hawaii. Hmm I guess I should have checked into that. Still those laws are silly. Can't ship a gun stock up North to our friends. I can see a barrel, bolt, receiver but when it comes down to an action screw...good Heavens!