Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bmag owners rejoice!

Basic Member

17 WSM is a super nice cartridge. I expect that in time, a number of suppliers will chamber it. I would love to have one in a Cooper, CZ, or Annie. Before any of them do that, I look to see an upgraded Savage B-mag that incorporates some of the more desirable features of their popular 93R models. That is just too easy to not do. Right? Even a Boyd's stock would be a great improvement. I would love to have a nice figured Walnut stock for mine.

Irish

Seph817
    Quote Originally Posted by n4ue View Post
    Hi all... I just put thise new bolt handle on the B Mag.
    Excellent. It easily clears the rather large objective on my Redfield Revenge 6-18.
    Only thing I did, was 'upset' the threads and put a bit of Loctite on the knob.......

Now for a different stock, bbl, etc. HA!

ron
    1st post. Just found out about this place. It's great! So, n4ue, does the handle stop before it touches the objective? I have some Leupold Rifleman medium rings on the stock bases with a Revenge 3-9. You think I'd have any issues with this handle? Thanks.

syvairgunner
    I received a reply from Keven, Glades Armory, and they do have the bolt in stock. There is a clearance issue with the bolt hitting the stock prior to the bolt fully closing and locking. They are putting together a video showing the proper steps to fix the problem. With the video done they'll put it back on the web site. :-)

n4ue
    Seph817, welcome.I have no clearance issues with the bolt handle and the Redfield scope. Yeah, it's close and if you 'try' the handle will touch the scope. But, the stock handle did also!
    The scope covers have to be removed before the bolt is opened, or just cock the rifle and the covers will 'self eject'! ha ha

ron

syvairgunner

Tactical Bolt Handle for B Mag

Seph817, welcome.I have no clearance issues with the bolt handle and the Redfield scope. Yeah, it's close and if you 'try' the handle will touch the scope. But, the stock handle did also!
    The scope covers have to be removed before the bolt is opened, or just cock the rifle and the covers will 'self eject'! ha ha

ron
    I asked if they would have the B Mag Bolts back in stock, here is the reply from Glades Armory:

Very shortly. I have plenty in stock, the issue is that the
    installation requires you to slightly modify the chanel on the stock
    where the bolt handle goes through. In essence, the factory handle is a
    flat piece of metal. Our handle is done on a lathe from a round bar
    stock. When you install our handle and you cock the rifle, the shaft is
    a little bit thicker than the factory and it does not let the bolt
    rotate completely right (it is missing about 1/16th of an inch turn to
    the right). So we are updating our listing as it is very simple to fix,
    but you will need to open of the channel slightly with a dremmel so that
    the bolt will finish rotating right. Check with us maybe by the end of
    tomorrow. We just need to post a video on how to solve the problem.

Regards

Kevin.

n4ue
    Hi Kevin, I have not had the gun to the range since I installed the handle. I just checked mine, and the handle is exactly in the center of the stock cut-out. Lucky (for a change), but it would be an easy fix. Just tolerances.....

BTW, the LGS called me today and they got in a B Mag and asked me if I still wanted one.. It was 'on order' for several months. I politely declined and they still (!!!) can't get any 20 gr ammo. I have one box but haven't shot anything except for the 25 gr.
    Gonna take both weights and shoot them over the Oheler......

have FUN

ron

TechHunter
    Hi Kevin, I have not had the gun to the range since I installed the handle. I just checked mine, and the handle is exactly in the center of the stock cut-out. Lucky (for a change), but it would be an easy fix. Just tolerances.....

BTW, the LGS called me today and they got in a B Mag and asked me if I still wanted one.. It was 'on order' for several months. I politely declined and they still (!!!) can't get any 20 gr ammo. I have one box but haven't shot anything except for the 25 gr.
    Gonna take both weights and shoot them over the Oheler......

have FUN

ron
    I dont think the issue with Glade Armory's handle is actually how it fits in the channel. I think they mean that since it is thicker than the flat metal used on the factory part, it does not let the bolt go all the way down. I installed mine and had to dig up the trench on the stock so that the bolt would finish rotating all the way to the right. Other than that, am pretty happy with it and the rifle cocks a lot easier. It provides more leverage.

n4ue
    TH, yep, you are correct. My recent post (somewhere) stated just what you say. I had to Dremel my stock to get the bolt lower.
    Unfortunately, that makes the handle MORE in the way of the trigger. At least with my 'fat fingers'... ha ha
    Yes, you are also correct, the gun does cock MUCH easier.
    How does your rifle shoot?
    Which ammo does it prefer?

ron

TechHunter
    If I could find some ammo I'd be happy. This thing just seats there in my safe and is beggin for some ammo, I just havent been able to find any.

TH, yep, you are correct. My recent post (somewhere) stated just what you say. I had to Dremel my stock to get the bolt lower.
    Unfortunately, that makes the handle MORE in the way of the trigger. At least with my 'fat fingers'... ha ha
    Yes, you are also correct, the gun does cock MUCH easier.
    How does your rifle shoot?
    Which ammo does it prefer?

ron

n4ue
    I 'fixed' my GA bolt handle.....
    I have been bugged by the fact the very nice Glades Armory bolt handle for the b Mag gets in the way of my fat fingers. So......
    Today I disassembled the bolt. Put the bolt end into a padded vise and bent the straight handle about 15 degrees. One wack with a rubber dead blow hammer. It was easier than I thought. Now (hoorray!!!), I can get my fingers up to the trigger and the handle still clears the scope and is still in the stock's notch.
    One problem down.......

ron

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12