Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bmag owners rejoice!

Hubcap91

Bmag owners rejoice!

This may have already been said here, but southernordnancesales on ebay makes good quality bolt handles for Savage rifles. While browsing for a tactical handle for my 11vt I noticed that they are going to be releasing a handle for the BMAG. Thought I would share, because I hate that stock handle.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap91 View Post
    This may have already been said here, but southernordnancesales on ebay makes good quality bolt handles for Savage rifles. While browsing for a tactical handle for my 11vt I noticed that they are going to be releasing a handle for the BMAG. Thought I would share, because I hate that stock handle.
    That would be nice. Perhaps they could make a piece to get rid of that black plastic bolt/safety tang cover thingie.
    Aries by birth, Taurus by choice.

Quote Originally Posted by plinkin View Post
    That would be nice. Perhaps they could make a piece to get rid of that black plastic bolt/safety tang cover thingie.
    You mean the buzzard's beak?
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFurious View Post
    You mean the buzzard's beak?
    Yeah, whatever it is. I imagined having a buddy machine a small piece of aluminum in a conical shape, maybe like a truncated bullet and either leaving it natural aluminum or anodizing or powder coating it. I will have to wait until I get my next B.Mag though.

Hubcap91

Basic Member
    That does look nice. Is it only the knob or the complete lever? Either way I foresee that on my next B.Mag

Hubcap91
    Its the whole handle.

Basic Member
    Its the whole handle.
    AWESOME! Even I could install one then.

Hubcap91
    Quote Originally Posted by plinkin View Post
    AWESOME! Even I could install one then.
    Yeah I was happy about it too. I don't have the tools to thread my own.

sparky123321
    Thanks. Just ordered one. Now we just need and aftermarket stock.

Hubcap91
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky123321 View Post
    Thanks. Just ordered one. Now we just need and aftermarket stock.
    Agreed. I really like this cartridge, but Savage definitely cut the corners on the rifle itself. I hope and pray a similar design doesn't replace the Mark II.

Zinzrah
    Im going to order a handle. Replacement stock would be awesome. I hate the stock on the bmag

Basic Member
    I have a very nice tap and die set, I just don't like when I have to use it LOL.

sparky123321
    Received and installed. Took about 5 minutes and it looks and fits great. No problem clearing my Weaver Kaspa scope. Now just waiting for Byods' to come up with a Tacticool stock for it.

TechHunter
    Am looking to get one of these handles as well. It does not appear as if the factory bolt handle could be threaded to accept a knob even if you have the tools. My buddy owns one and I saw the factory handle. Is like a bent piece of flat metal, don't think there is enough material to put a thread on it. Am waiting on my B.Mag to arrive and I will see how difficult it is to replace it with one of glades armory. Can't be that difficult.

Basic Member
    There is a couple B.Mags at the LGS, I am waiting to find out if the NIB 1 is spoken for or not. I have been building up my ammo supply again :-D

I have the scope I bought still NIB for my previous B.Mag and the same rings just waiting.

n4ue
    Hi all... I just put thise new bolt handle on the B Mag.
    Excellent. It easily clears the rather large objective on my Redfield Revenge 6-18.
    Only thing I did, was 'upset' the threads and put a bit of Loctite on the knob.......

Now for a different stock, bbl, etc. HA!

ron

Volstandigkeit

n4ue
    O wise one. If you view the early part of this honorable thread, you will find a link to "gladesarmory', located here in the Sunshine State.
    Nice folks, too.

ron

Basic Member
    I keep thinking about buying one!! Same thing no ammo to be found for it though. If I do I think I might just buy a boyds tacticool for a 17 and make it work. Being a lefty I keep kinda waiting to hear if there going to make a lefty action. How much real world difference are y'all seeing over the hmr?

Ed Gordon
    missed - The WSM is a definite step up from the HMR in terms of what it does to a bottle of water. I haven't used either on critters.
    I have been lucky enough to find WSM ammo but if I lived where it was non existent I would wait to buy the rifle.

Volstandigkeit
    Quote Originally Posted by n4ue View Post
    O wise one. If you view the early part of this honorable thread, you will find a link to "gladesarmory', located here in the Sunshine State.
    Nice folks, too.

ron
    Actually, I did see the link. Even checked it out.

Basic Member
    I have both 17 WSM and 17 HMR. I think the WSM is slightly more accurate at longer ranges 100-300yds when compared with the HMR. This due to flatter trajectory, less wind drift. So far, I have only shot squirrels with both, but they do a similar number on them. The B-mag is handier than my HMR just because my HMR is a heavy bbl and thus weighs a couple pounds more. Obviously, lighter HMR's are available to those who want em. The B-mag is butt ugly and has the cheapest POS stock ever seen by man. But that is the only model available to date. I prefer shooting the WSM as it feels and shoots more like a small centerfire rifle. You can even see the bullet trace if you are shooting longer distances and the atmospheric conditions are just right. When windy, you can see the wind blowing the bullet off center as it flies down range. I think the WSM fouls the bbl a little faster or a little more for the same amount of shooting. I like my B-mag but would trade it in a heartbeat for an upgraded 93R style rifle chambered for 17WSM. i.e. Nice laminated stock, heavy bull barrel, normal looking bolt handle, matte blue finish, etc.

Irish

n4ue
    Hi Irish. I have a Marlin .17 HMR, syn stock model. Wally World special a couple of years back. I also had a Marlin wood stocked model that I just recently sold. It had a BSA Sweet 17 scope, which worked well. Both rifles have heavier bbls.......
    I picked up my B Mag (in a plastic case) the other day, and thought I left the rifle out!
    Glad to see I'm not the only one who dislikes that stock......

Do you think ANY other company (besides Browning) will make a rifle for this round?
    If not, it may languish into history...... I like having the .17 HMR, the .17 WSM, and the .17 Hornet.

ron

syvairgunner
    Went on their site today and it says: "This product is no longer available" :-(
    Sent them an email asking if it is going to become available in the future. I'll let you know the answer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast