Thread: Good price on a Model 12fv?

robinsoncr

Good price on a Model 12fv?

There's a guy locally that has a unfired, new in the box Model 12FV for sale at $365. It has an accu-trigger and the beavertail forend. I was looking for a 243, but this seems like a very good deal, even though it's a 223.

What do you guys think?

Chris

stangfish
    I think you should get it. Cheeper to shoot. If you want to change it over later you would have no problem selling or trading the parts. Good find.

Basic Member
    I would be all over that without hesitation! I would buy it just for the action alone for a build.

Basic Member
    yep. he can call me if you don't want it!!!!

I would grab that as soon as you can. That is a terrific price.
    204, 22 K-Hornet, 222, 223, 22-250, 22-250AI, 6BR, 243, 243AI, 6-06, 6-WSM, 250-3000AI, 270, 7-08, 7RM, 30BR, 308, 30-06, 375 H&H, 444 Marlin, 450BM, 458WM

robinsoncr
    Hi Everyone,

I have an updated question: Dick's Sporting Goods (Yes, I know many don't like them) has a Model 11vt in .243 on sale for $499 with Bushnell 4x16x40 scope.

The Model 12fv has the accutrigger but bolt release on the side of the receiver, not in front of the trigger guard.

http://s813.photobucket.com/user/rob...ideshow/Savage
    Which is the better gun and deal?

Chris
    Last edited by robinsoncr; 09-15-2013 at 09:32 AM. Reason: add pictures

I'd personally take the 12FV in a heartbeat...

You can't even buy, a Steven's 200 for that price.

Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

robinsoncr
    What options do I have, if I want to re-barrel in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by robinsoncr View Post
    What options do I have, if I want to re-barrel in the future?
    Lets see not in any particular order 22-250, 220 swift 243, 260, 7-08, 308, 338 federal, just to name a few.

Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

Tarleton_Texan
    That's a very good price, don't know what you intend to do with the rifle but the .223 is extremely versatile.

The barrel alone is easily worth $100.00 in the classifieds, so that means you would be into a varmint, stocked, acutrigger action for $265.00, where do I sign up for that.

Dean
    Last edited by scope eye; 09-15-2013 at 11:29 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by robinsoncr View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I have an updated question: Dick's Sporting Goods (Yes, I know many don't like them) has a Model 11vt in .243 on sale for $499 with Bushnell 4x16x40 scope.

The Model 12fv has the accutrigger but bolt release on the side of the receiver, not in front of the trigger guard.

http://s813.photobucket.com/user/rob...ideshow/Savage
    Which is the better gun and deal?

Chris
    That makes the 12FV all the more appealing to me. I prefer the top bolt release myself. Can't believe you haven't picked it up yet. Hopefully, it will still be there when you decide to go back to get it. It's a sweet deal that you won't regret!

robinsoncr
    The owner is dropping it off at work tomorrow. Now I have to save up for a scope. (***deleted poorly written quip about trading stuff for stuff that violated the rules. Sorry. ***)

My family and a group of our church members met today at a member's farm and spent all afternoon eating, shooting pistols, rifles and skeet! What a day! Blue skies, 75f and very light wind; on top of a mountain in SW Virginia! I had the pleasure of training a few on self defense shooting. We had a full range of pistols from Old Colt Navy model pistols through Glocks. Rifles were from Civil War muskets, WW1 Springfields and Mausers, to 22 plinkers to AR15's!

I took my first guns from childhood, 20ga shotgun and 22lr single shot lever action (Both Savages), my son's Marlin 17hmr and my brother's Rem700 BDL in 243. It was a blast. We hand loaded for the 243 and it was a screamer.

Can't wait until next time when I can take my new Savage Model 12 in .223!

There's something special in a group of Christians that can go to church together, eat together and SHOOT together!!! That's Fellowship, right there!!!

Thanks to everyone for your kind advice.

Chris
    Last edited by robinsoncr; 09-15-2013 at 08:50 PM.

robinsoncr.........you got 4 posts and just joined up

This: "Anyone want to trade a nice target scope for a new Cordoba C5se Classical Guitar?" is actually a rule violation.....but I'm letting it pass this time because of how new you are and I know you didn't know better....but it won't happen again.......please read the rules:

http://www.savageshooters.com/forumd...13-Forum-Rules

robinsoncr
    Apache, I read the rules before registering. My intent was humor, not the violation of your forum's brocard.

Please accept my apologies.

Chris

robinsoncr
    Well, I met the fellow today at lunch. Nice chap. The rifle was exactly as he described. The stock didn't have any flex in the forend and the bolt is very smooth. It has an internal magazine with a latch door on the bottom of the stock.

Now I must save up for a good scope in the $300 range.

Chris

Basic Member
    Not that you need my approval, but I think you made the right choice! Don't think you will be anything but happy with your decision, especially after you send a few downrange with it. Hope it serves you well and enjoy!