Thread: Leupold Target Scopes

Leupold Target Scopes

Does anyone own or have used, one of those Leupold fixed power target scopes they come in 35 - 40 and 45 power,
    you never hear anything mentioned about them, I am sure they are a quality product but I don't see much presence in the market place, or at the range or in competition.

Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

Scope eye I'll get flamed for this but I was a firefighter so it won't be the first time I'll just put on my turn outs.
    I have looked through a few of the Leupy's and to be honest I wasn't impressed. This was at the monthly matches, so when I built my new match rifle(can be seen elsewhere) I went with the T36 Weaver, nice and clear and precise movement of cross hairs with turrets.
    In all honesty I personally think my Mueller 6-25 or the 8-32 is as good as the Leupold at far less money and Muellers CS is every bit as good as Leupold's.The Muellers to my eye are also as clear as the Weaver.
    Admittedly I haven't used the Weaver much yet but so far no complaints what so ever.
    FROGGY
    See profile for fire arms
    Do it today there maybe no tomorrow

I'll take your word for it since I don't have anything to compare, I am surprised though being that they are 1000 bucks, and are a fixed scope so they have half the moving parts, that might explain why I never see any.

Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

Basic Member
    I have a 45X Leupold Competition Series (LSC). I traded two T36s for it. No comparison. They still are the dominate scope in short bench rest. However, the March has been coming on strong. Tony Boyer has won many of this Hall of Fame points using a bone LSC. He could use anything he wanted. Is it suitable for shooting other than short range bench rest, that is debatable. I will have it on my 6 BRX for F-Open rig next year. It is what I have so I am going to run with it. Luck, Tim