Thread: Bushnell 5-15 tactical ?'s

Basic Member

Bushnell 5-15 tactical ?'s

I am considering buying one of these but was wondering how thick the dots were and how dependable are the turrets, are they solid when adjusted for elevation adjustments, if anyone has a pic of the actual reticle that would be extremely helpful. Thanks

Devin
    I cant get enough of this stuff!

22BVGord

Re: Bushnell 5-15 tactical ?'s

I just bought a Bushnell Legend 5-15-40 AO. The mechanism for making the adjustments for windage/elevation are the pits. Small, raised cogs within the turret that are difficult to grasp and turn at the same time. With gloves, it would be impossible. I just never thought to check this out prior to buying. The clicks are very close together, not very audible, and it is easy to end up with 2 or 3 clicks - wanted or not.

Basic Member

I've got the 3200 Elite tactical in fixed 10x on two rifles. Use both of them for varmint shootings through the summer months. I twist turrets all day long and haven't really had any issues. I have box tested both and the adjustments seem to be spot on. The turrets are easy to read and handle. The adjustments are easily felt but are not very audible. The link below should tell you what you need on the dots. Pretty sure they are .25 mil.
    http://www.bushnell.com/manuals/rifl...ot_Reticle.pdf

Basic Member

The dots should be 1/2 mil and the turrets on the 5-15 tact. are large and positive. They are not the same as the legend scope. Hard to beat them for the money.(In my opinion any way) ;D
    Stu

I have a 10x Tactical and a 5-15 Tactical and they are very nice scopes. My only problem is I think the reticle is thicker than I would like for any target work, but for game it is fine. The turrets are beefy .

Normally the 5-15 is around $360, but if it were me I would buy a new Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44 for $399 as they just lowered their prices. I'm actually considering selling mine and buying another Vortex.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

Basic Member

I have a Bushnell elite 3200 with the same target knobs you're talking about. I love that scope, and for $160 to your door brand new I think everyone shold have one. I've been looking at the 4200 5-15 and from what I have read so far the reviews have been great.

I keep stumbling on more and more positive reviews of the vortex scopes. I've never owned or held one, but I'd like to read some more reviews about them.

helotaxi

I've got several Elite 4200s (some of the best glass I've looked through), a Vortex Crossfire (their entry level line) and a Nikon Buckmaster. The Crossfire isn't as clear or bright as the 4200s but it is better than the Nikon. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one of the upper level Vortex scopes.

jdg

I've had great luck with the 3200 line of scopes. Great turrets! Heres the box test at 100yrds I ran my 5-15x40 through. The last shot was .5" from the first which was good, the scope wasn't level to the target, and the spreads were a little farther than expected, but it zeroed up nicely.
    [img width=600 height=449]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/JDG357/005.jpg[/img]