Thread: Little help with 99EG value

AFFireguy

Little help with 99EG value

Just curious of the approximate value on my 99EG In 250-3000 serial #722XXX. Blueing is like new, bought it a few months ago from the estate of the original owner. I can't make out the lever boss code. He had a massive gun collection. I'm more just curious if I spent too much or not. At first I didn't want it because of the caliber but now I also have a Ruger Hawkeye RSI in 250 as well...needless to say I like 250-3000's! This one is too nice to hunt with unfortunately.

emtrescue6
    Based on the couple of books I have and from what I can see in the pics...the value would range between $600 and $900...probably closer to the $800 mark in my opinion...it's a really clean rifle...looks to be 98% from the pics?

AFFireguy
    Quote Originally Posted by emtrescue6 View Post
    Based on the couple of books I have and from what I can see in the pics...the value would range between $600 and $900...probably closer to the $800 mark in my opinion...it's a really clean rifle...looks to be 98% from the pics?
    I'm not sure on the % grading but it doesn't have any wear on the metal that I can see other than the sharp edges on the lever having a little loss of the case coloring. Checkering feels like a new rifle, I think it was fired very little. Judging from what I see rifles in not near the condition of this one going for on the auction sites $800 seems realistic. I'm happy to hear another opinion as you never know with those auctions...people seem to go way over value most of the time. Thank you.

rlott
    Quote Originally Posted by emtrescue6 View Post
    Agreed, and maybe a little more at auction. It appears to have the rare distinction of not being modified in any way.

If you ever want to scope it I can give you the name of a guy who makes a sweet no-drill mount for $160. The rear attaches to the tang screws and the front attaches to a tapped insert that goes in the rear sight dovetail. There's another guy who makes a custom no-drill sling for $40.
    Last edited by rlott; 10-04-2013 at 08:58 AM.