Thread: What recoil pad for model 14?

LOBO

What recoil pad for model 14?

Hello. My Dad just got a wood stocked model 14 in .325 wsm. It's a beautiful rifle but the recoil pad is lacking. We tried a Limbsaver for a wood stocked 110, but the fit was awful. Any ideas on the correct Limbsaver, Kick Eez, or Decelerator pad for the rifle?

Nandy
    Im sure if you call limb saver they will be happy to help you. They did when I called them for an aftermarket stock.

JCalhoun
    The walnut stocks on the 14's have a different contour than the plastic and birch stocked Model 10. You may have to use a shape to fit one.

Team Savage
    You will most likely have to do some shaping to fit. Go to the Kick-Eez web site and pull down their templates. They offer the biggest selection of sizes. Print to proper size and find the template that is the best match to your actual stock. Midway USA usaually has most sizes in stock. Tape your stock to protect the wood and you won't have to sand off much of the pad to fit. I've found the Kick-Eez pads easier to work with as a DIY'er than the Limbsaver. And just as good at managing recoil.

Here is a picture of a Kick-Eez pad I put on a Savage 10-II ML with laminated stock. I don't remember the size. It's been through a number of hunting seasons.

Last edited by jpdown; 08-30-2013 at 09:38 PM.

LOBO
    Thanks! That sounds like a good plan.

Quote Originally Posted by jpdown View Post
    You will most likely have to do some shaping to fit. Go to the Kick-Eez web site and pull down their templates. They offer the biggest selection of sizes. Print to proper size and find the template that is the best match to your actual stock. Midway USA usaually has most sizes in stock. Tape your stock to protect the wood and you won't have to sand off much of the pad to fit. I've found the Kick-Eez pads easier to work with as a DIY'er than the Limbsaver. And just as good at managing recoil.

Here is a picture of a Kick-Eez pad I put on a Savage 10-II ML with laminated stock. I don't remember the size. It's been through a number of hunting seasons.