So I have the urge to start playing with the 6.5 4S cartridge and am thinking about buying a Model 10 from Cabelas in 308 Win. They have a model with a 24 inch heavy barrel, tac bolt knob, picatinny base, Accutrigger, and Accustock with DBM for $549. This Accustock is a version with a wider forend than their normal Accustock and the trigger guard mounted bolt release. Basically this a Savage 10TR without the threaded barrel it seems.

Trying to figure out if I can just change the barrel, buy a magazine, change the bolt head and get this thing to work and feed? I understand some of the savage WSM guns had a controlled round feed and different ejector setup due to concerns with feeding, but this may have been on older stagger feed guns?

Because of this I am not sure whether what I want to do can be accomplished as easily as I hoped for. Has anybody tried to convert one of these Savages with the relocated bolt release from 308 to SAUM? Do you just use the regular mag face bolt head or the CRF one?

Thanks in advance or any help.
Chad