Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help finding parts for my 110 270

thomasmason87

help finding parts for my 110 270

i just bought a 110 270 at an auction for 90 bucks, but it didnt have a clip and the stock was som bad looking homemade one. the gun performs great very accurate and smooth. just need a little help find a clip and a new stock for it, ive read a stock can affect the accuracy of the rifle so i would like one that wouldnt hurt my accuracy but not break the bank. ill be using the gun for hunting so no need for anything flashy. thanks in advance and by the way i love the site.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/

That's all you will ever need, A Boyds stock for $99.00 is an excellent value, and one last thing and mean this with all due respect, drop using the word CLIP, It is a magazine, that term is frowned upon due to the gang banger culture. BTW welcome

Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

emtrescue6
    If you can't find the magazine at places like Gunbroker.com or ebay...they can be ordered right on the Savage website.

thomasmason87
    im sorry about that, usually dont use that as a term. thank you for the help

thomasmason87
    im just not sure on the type of magazine i need since the rifle is an older one savage said they couldnt help me.

Quote Originally Posted by thomasmason87 View Post
    im sorry about that, usually don't use that as a term. thank you for the help
    No apology necessary, It's all good, I didn't want to scare you off now, we are all quite harmless.LOL

Dean

PS: let us know how you made out.
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

Quote Originally Posted by thomasmason87 View Post
    im just not sure on the type of magazine i need since the rifle is an older one savage said they couldnt help me.

Post some pics of what you got, you will get 12 different responses and they will all be valid.

Dean

stangfish
    Take a picture of the barreled action out of the stock. upload it to a website like Photobucket and post it on here.

PS if you try to upload it to the savage shooters forum site directly from your computer you will post something like...."It wont let me post picks, there must be some kind of block on my account".

9. 08-27-2013, 09:18 PM
    Reason
    Not a good link

stangfish
    OK go to the picture on Photobucket. On the right hand side there are several links. One says direct link. Click on it. Now edit your post by clinking on the picture icon at the top of the box. paste the direct link in the address bar that opens up. click on save. Your link just takes us to the login page. Since we dont have your password and login it is of no use.

I am a natural when it comes to posting pics, it's like I was born with this skill, just ask anyone on this forum.

Spanky

stangfish
    So now we need you to put a scale on the two action holes. IS this one of those old intermediates? Looks cool with the cutout.

Sope eye, You cant fool me. I have known you for toooo long!

Hey Thomas If you send me your info, a I will send you a nice little kit with all kinds of goodies in it,
    IE: trigger wire, bolt lift kit, extractor bearing, all these make for a sweeter smoother action, don't worry it's on the house.

Dean

Mach2
    Hey Thomas, get us a pic of that home made stock.
    Also, I wonder if you could turn your Savage into an internal magazine and avoid having to round up a new mag. I think Ive read of guys doing that. I never saw the need for the introduction of removable mags for a deer rifle anyhow.

stangfish
    I never saw the need for the introduction of removable mags for a deer rifle anyhow.
    I like the ability to unload without putting live rounds through the chamber...A HFP is good as well

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stangfish View Post
    I like the ability to unload without putting live rounds through the chamber...A HFP is good as well
    +2 Me neither. DBM's are much safer in my opinion. ZERO chance of firing live rounds off when emptying the rifle. And NO my finger is never on the trigger, when emptying the magazine, but rifles are mechanical devices, and as anything mechanical, it will fail, just a matter of when.

Looking at that action it looks like an internal blind mag. You have the mag box there and just need a spring and follower. The bottom of the spring will ride the bottom of the stock when installed.
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

thomasmason87
    Thank you for all the help guys, i thought it took a mag because who ever made the stock had a slot in it for the magazine, any chance anyone knows where i could get the parts?

thomasmason87
    what would be the action holes, sorry for all the questions

Here's a follower with the spring. It should just sit with the spring against the bottom of the stock when assembled and that will push the follower into position in the mag well.
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/271...th-long-action
    The original had a leaf spring and I'll bet someone in the classifieds here probably has an original.

The action holes will be the two holes that the screws that hold the stock to the action go in to. If you have any doubt just put the screws into their holes in the action while it's out of the stock and measure from the center of one screw to the next.
    Last edited by big honkin jeep; 08-29-2013 at 12:12 PM.
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

Basic Member
    This might help you out a little...

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufact.../110-33665.htm

I REALLY like the old 110 series rifles... You got a great deal.

mark

thomasmason87
    the action holes measure 5 inches

thomasmason87
    here are the pics of the stock also, not a bad try i guess just does'nt fit properly.
    http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/...ps55599b5c.jpg
    http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/...ps68d492d2.jpg

and one last thing and mean this with all due respect, drop using the word CLIP, It is a magazine,
    Spanky, your correct on this one.
    [B][SIZE=3]Dennis[/SIZE][/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast