Thread: My mod 110 .243

Gene248

My mod 110 .243

I just bought an old Savage very cheap. It has a couple of issues I need to take care of one of which is the trigger is in bad shape where it contacts the sear. I want to get another trigger for it and am not sure which trigger I need. The serial number is 52901 and I do not have any idea when it was manufactured. I would appreciate any info I can get on this rifle.
    Thanks

Picture? bulge in the barrel for installing the rear sight?
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

Gene248
    The stock on it is a Fajen and fits poorly. It needs some work. I plan on trying to get a Savage stock to fit it or glass bed this one. Do you want pictures of the gun or just the trigger? I will need to take the pictures then try to upload them here. Yes it has the bulge on the barrel.
    Thanks

If it can accept it,I would go with the rifle basix sav-2 trigger.If it is early and no one makes a trigger,hire it out.
    Willing to give back for what the sport has done for me!

Basic Member
    Do some research on it first, before buying any triggers. If it has the old 3 screw triggers, they are remarkably adjustable. They were pre-lawyered up triggers.

I am not sure when the 3 screw came about. Also measure the action screw spacing to see if it's a short, long or intermediate ("J" series) action. If it's a J series, that might explain the poor stock fit.

Gene248
    After looking at the trigger again, it looks like some one used a file on the piece of the trigger that engages the sear. It is rounded off so the sear just slides under the trigger. Now I know I need a trigger. Problem is, I do not want to get one by process of elimination. I would like to buy one trigger I know will drop right in. Yes. it has the 3 screws on the part under the safety. It also has a long screw that screws in just above where the sear engages. Under that screw is a spring. The only thing I can figure out is it holds tension on the trigger pin. I measured the action bolts and they are 4 1/2"

Basic Member
    Well, I know Savage will not work on the old rifles anymore, so that is out. I hear a lot of good about the Rifle Basix for the Savage, Timney also gets a lot of praise. I believe both are adjustable.

Basic Member
    Pictures of the rifle and the trigger could really help :-)

Gene248
    Last edited by Gene248; 08-26-2013 at 03:04 PM.

Joseywales
    Do you have any friends who are machinists? I have to say, off all the skills and equipment out there, a machinist is one I wish I had. I know they don't typically pull a great salary, but for the hobbyists the skills and tools are hard to beat!

Gene248
    My son works at a machine shop but they do not do anything small. They only work on very large crank shafts. I have about decided that since the trigger is already bad, I am going to try and file it a little and see if I can make it work. I have a full set of files and hones for working on guns.
    Thanks

As I suspected you have the old design. There are no aftermarket replacements for them. Never work on one myself so I can not tell you exactly how to clean it up. The barrels are also not interchangable with the current production guns.
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

Gene248
    Thank you Blue Avenger. That is what I figured since I have talked to a number of the big companies that carry the after market triggers. I did find a place in Ind. that has a lot of the old parts. He says he is sure he has what I need, he just has to find it. I will contact him again after the holiday. Good to know about the barrels too. I have been thinking of replacing the barrel on my rifle. Maybe this guy has one of those too.

Sent you a PM Gene.

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.