Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .17 Hornet Off to Factory

robert de

Quote Originally Posted by JLShipley View Post
    I Know, they seem to be about 1.35, had some from factory 1.338 to 1.35, I'm just going off Hornady Re-Load Book for the .17 Hornet, shows case length 1.34 to 1.35, I trim them short, 1ST reload, they don.t seem to grow as much,.
    like your 17 cut.......COL is right in there, but if your re loading with a longer case than let say 1.35, bullet might be in further, which might bring up pressure? just a thought, might be off base on this one, but it seems I heard this before.
    Keep it safe, I'll let you know how replacement gun is, once I get it.
    Your right Jim I back my new loads off to 9.6 in these small cases .1gr. can be a lot when close to top end better safe than sorry. My daughters deer season is about to start so we will be working with her 7.08 for awhile now.

JLShipley

New gun just arrived.....................

Savage Arms, came through, new Model 25 .17 Hornet, gun just arrived at Gunsmith. Mounting scope and taking it to range, as soon as I can and check it out. Will advise on how it shoots, chambers, and extracts cases.
    SAVAGE

DO TO CALIFORNIA LAW, EVEN THOUGH GUN WAS A REPLACEMENT FOR A GUN BOUGHT IN CA . HAVE ANOTHER 10 DAY WAITING PERIOD..
    Last edited by JLShipley; 10-11-2013 at 06:05 PM.

wlleven
    Quote Originally Posted by JLShipley View Post
    Savage Arms, came through, new Model 25 .17 Hornet, gun just arrived at Gunsmith. Mounting scope and taking it to range, as soon as I can and check it out. Will advise on how it shoots, chambers, and extracts cases.
    SAVAGE

DO TO CALIFORNIA LAW, EVEN THOUGH GUN WAS A REPLACEMENT FOR A GUN BOUGHT IN CA . HAVE ANOTHER 10 DAY WAITING PERIOD..
    When I was a kid I use to live in the great state of California, some 60 years later I live in Kalifornia !!!

I think you get my drift !

wll

Dispatch1
    JL, just wondering how long it took Savage to send you a replacement. I was told I was also getting a replacement rifle and about a month later still waiting for notification of it being sent to my local range(FFL transfer) for pick up. I have called them about three times to follow up and told it takes some time for paperwork at their end. Also, I noticed that my 25 had been made at Ontario, Canada plant and was thinking if maybe that had something to do with bolt/headspace issues.

JLShipley
    It took a little over 6 weeks , for turn around plus the 10 day waiting period, and you know I'll have to check and see were my 25 was made?

Dispatch1
    On the other hand, my MarkII BTVS was made in Ontario and I think it is hands down one of the best and most accurate 22lr out there for the money.

I've been thinking about getting a model 25 but, since reading about all the problems, I'm beginning to wonder...........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12