Thread: Aw Crap, I Bought the Wrong Base/Rings

Basic Member

Aw Crap, I Bought the Wrong Base/Rings

I saw the Talley Lightweight 2-Piece Scope Mounts with Integral 1" Rings for ROUND receiver. This is what I wanted, so I looked at my receiver and sure enough, it was round (in the front). I took the old rings and bases off today and low and behold, the front sure was round, but the back was flat. Son of a biscuit. The wrong rings are in the mail. Guess I'll get to try out the site's return policy.

Just wanted to let any other folks out there know to look at the REAR of the receiver before ordering bases/integrated rings in case this is their first time ordering this type of item for their Savage.

Basic Member
    While I'm at it- does anyone have an opinion on the Talley aluminum two-piece integrated ring/base?

stangfish
    Good enough. I like the Warne line and many like the Signature Burris with the plastic insert, I have some and they are nice. The Leupold QRW are very as well.

goinssr
    I have a flat back 116 and I use a one piece EGW picatinny rail. It allows for a lot more adjustment of scope placement than does a two piece set. You can be much more precise adjusting eye relief.