Thread: Happy

robert de

Happy

About 5 years ago I was reading a post on the 17 hmr. Thread started talking about vel and such and cost of ammo. But anyway it led me to post my 17 wildcat that was built on the hornet case I took pictures and posted them on the process of making cases. Now I see savage is building almost the same rifle except my shoulder is 40 degrees and a little higher. I could not wait to get my hands on the mod 25. now I don't have to make all those cases, if I can find any ammo or un primed brass. I used 4227 powder about 10 gr. I knew the potential of this sweet little case. My new 25 shot first 5 shots under half inch with 4 at .250 with factory ammo that's at 100 yds. I do have feed problems and reloading primer pockets seem shallow also neck tension with rcbs full length die is too loose using 20gr.honady needs light crimp. The feed problems go away if you don't dilly dally around working the bolt.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by robert de View Post
    About 5 years ago I was reading a post on the 17 hmr. Thread started talking about vel and such and cost of ammo. But anyway it led me to post my 17 wildcat that was built on the hornet case I took pictures and posted them on the process of making cases. Now I see savage is building almost the same rifle except my shoulder is 40 degrees and a little higher. I could not wait to get my hands on the mod 25. now I don't have to make all those cases, if I can find any ammo or un primed brass. I used 4227 powder about 10 gr. I knew the potential of this sweet little case. My new 25 shot first 5 shots under half inch with 4 at .250 with factory ammo that's at 100 yds. I do have feed problems and reloading primer pockets seem shallow also neck tension with rcbs full length die is too loose using 20gr.honady needs light crimp. The feed problems go away if you don't dilly dally around working the bolt.
    Its true, if you don't baby that bolt it feeds well. Kinda like not slowing pumping a Remington 760 jam master, I mean Game master.
    Aries by birth, Taurus by choice.