Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Axis build

Basic Member

It gets the job done for me so far. Only have got to take it out once though.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
    Research has come through! I believe I'll be ordering one of these tomorrow!

http://stockpositioning.com/braun_sl...butt_plate.htm

223 4 me: Thanks for the comments I can't wait to get a range report back up here. Hopefully next weekend.

I am so glad you did this research and found such a great priced adjustable rear. I had given up on using one knowing I wasn't going to spend $150.00 and up on one. Your doing a great job on your project, thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by RkzShockwave View Post
    I was a hair width away from purchasing the same package for my Axis .308 but the kill factor was the turrets...i was/am set on mil-mil. Excellent choice though.
    Their fixed magnification 10 is more or less the equivalent of a "standard" 3 x 9 scope--I'm guessing that's why it's a standard mil-dot. I'm not an expert on scopes--but trust me--if you get one of their fixed-mag scopes you will love their 12 or 16 which are both mil-mil (MRAD). At $299.00 they beat the pants off of my $500 Nikon Monarch IMO--and their reticle is outstanding--none of the cheapo tape-on stuff. : )
    [B][COLOR="#FF8C00"]Shooting--it's like high-speed golf[/COLOR][/B]

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by volfan911 View Post
    I am so glad you did this research and found such a great priced adjustable rear. I had given up on using one knowing I wasn't going to spend $150.00 and up on one. Your doing a great job on your project, thanks for sharing.
    If you talk to Joe Leone let him know you got your info from the "Young Jarhead"! He's a great all American guy and the product is very high quality. He used to shoot a lot of bench rest and national match competitions.

Last edited by LoneWolf; 09-13-2013 at 01:03 AM.

Basic Member
    Understood...just mounted my swfa ss and am going this saturday. can't wait to get it re-zeroed so i can proceed with load development and break-in procedures with the new additions. i love the mil-quad reticle and am extrememly impressed with the tracking and the turret set-up. loud and crisp! best budget scopes out there!
    [B]"Fumeiyo Yori Shi"[/B]

Basic Member
    I thought about a higher fixed magnification but went with 10x to make my calculations easier being new to long range firing solutions. I did splurge the extra charge for the side parallax focus. seems more user friendly.

Basic Member
    I thought about a higher fixed magnification but went with 10x to make my calculations easier being new to long range firing solutions. I did splurge the extra charge for the side parallax focus. seems more user friendly.

I'm glad I got the side parallax as I can see all controls without coming out of my shooting position. Hopefully I can have the adjustable plate finished this weekend. It's almost done now just a little more shaping on the final plate and then hand finish them all. I'm going to have them cerakoted along with a tactical Bolt install and have the micro slick coating done on the bolt body by Phoenix customs. I've been in contact with them already and should have final information on it early next week.

Basic Member
    I'm glad I got the side parallax as I can see all controls without coming out of my shooting position. Hopefully I can have the adjustable plate finished this weekend. It's almost done now just a little more shaping on the final plate and then hand finish them all. I'm going to have them cerakoted along with a tactical Bolt install and have the micro slick coating done on the bolt body by Phoenix customs. I've been in contact with them already and should have final information on it early next week.
    Same reason I chose side parallax...although being a lefty it's a bit cumbersome but I just have to manage. never seen a left-handed optic set-up. lol

Basic Member
    Same reason I chose side parallax...although being a lefty it's a bit cumbersome but I just have to manage. never seen a left-handed optic set-up. lol
    No different than a right handed shooter reaching for the Windage Knob!

Basic Member
    No different than a right handed shooter reaching for the Windage Knob!
    Very true. Congrats on your new addition. I can't wait to get my girl her first pink rifle! On a side note, where does your username come from? I am a huge fan of the "Lone Wolf and Cub" series.

Basic Member
    Was always a Loner growing up. Could fit in with any crowd, but claimed no one. Then I joined the Corps and although team oriented I still have to walk my own line. I just can't follow an inefficient leader.

Basic Member
    Just a little more fitting/fine tuning, some hand finishing, and reinstall the recoil pad, but you can get the idea now! Then I'll send it off for coating.

[/IMG]

Last edited by LoneWolf; 09-14-2013 at 12:52 AM.

Basic Member
    Did just a little more today. Have to smooth out the operation still. But it's definitely usable now.

Last edited by LoneWolf; 09-14-2013 at 07:21 PM.

A true work of art--I'd almost be reluctant to fire it. : )
    [B][COLOR="#FF8C00"]Shooting--it's like high-speed golf[/COLOR][/B]

daviscustom
    Well done

Basic Member
    Thanks guys. I think I'm still going to get the plates Cerakoted.

Inebriated
    I think it looks great as-is. The whole rifle "fits" with the black action/buttpad, stainless barrel and spacer, and the grey-ish/brown-ish stock.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Inebriated View Post
    I think it looks great as-is. The whole rifle "fits" with the black action/buttpad, stainless barrel and spacer, and the grey-ish/brown-ish stock.
    Ya I just think the end product would look better coated. I haven't had much luck getting an even polished finish. It's shiny, but looks like it has finger prints or smudges because it's not even. Maybe someone can share their own personal tricks.

Last edited by LoneWolf; 09-17-2013 at 09:04 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thermaler View Post
    A true work of art--I'd almost be reluctant to fire it. : )
    40 rounds Long range match this Sunday. Mostly steel targets out to 887yards.

Good luck LC....She's looking good!

My vote is to not Cerakote the plates...Look good as is!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fla9-40 View Post
    Good luck LC....She's looking good!

My vote is to not Cerakote the plates...Look good as is!
    Thank you! I need to get some polishing tips then because with all the work I've put into it I don't want it to look like I just stopped short of a good looking finish.

Haven't seen you on here in a minute though, how've you been?

Basic Member
    Will take better pictures in a few days, but another addition to my build.

T808
    Hey LoneWolf! I've been following and loving your build! Just wondering who makes your trigger guard? Or is it a part that came with the prototype stock? Nicest Savage ever! Thank you for sharing!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T808 View Post
    Hey LoneWolf! I've been following and loving your build! Just wondering who makes your trigger guard? Or is it a part that came with the prototype stock? Nicest Savage ever! Thank you for sharing!
    Thanks for the compliments! Trigger guard is from a Savage Model 10/110 and will come with the stock once on the market!

Last edited by LoneWolf; 09-26-2013 at 07:53 AM.

rlittle1970
    Cruel and unusual punishment is being on the Savage Axis forum and seeing the Boyds ad banner on the top!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast