Thread: The Mile shot!

seanhagerty

The Mile shot!

I did it Saturday. I was in Ohio, and had my self put together 110 so I went to Thunder Valley !!

I took a couple shots at shorter ranges, 400 yds and 600 yards to ensure my scope was still on. Then I went after the 1000 yd target, and got a second round hit. This was the first time I had shot that far.

I was comfortable with the load, so I trued my ballistic softwware drop tables. Once I got the data, I realized I was going to be about 9.5moa short on scope adjustment. So, I calculated the mildot hold over which proved fairly accurate. My 300 RUM with 208 HDY BTHP's over retumbo took 59.5 moa to get there.

I had about 20 rounds left, so I went after it. A couple fellows (Thx to Justin and Edward) there spotted for me, but still it took 10 rounds to see a splash. Then it was all about adjustments.

I am happy!!

rdamours
    Nice work. I need to try that out with a good spotter so I don't go broke getting a hit. It's cool when guys video the shot from the spotter to see the flight all the way out.

wow.......it just doesnt get any better a?
    congrates.
    sure does help to have a heavy hitter like the rum.
    I truely wish,d Id of grab,d a 50 Armalite (bolt action) about 12yrs ago when I had the chance. id of built up all the tooling and components long before the crisis and could join you in the mile long festivities.....fellow shooting bud owns 2 of them and he,s hitting 2ftx2ft plate @ a mile like its a peace of cake....
    Whats great about your giving the mile ago is that now you know "you" can do it. Next time around its gonna be......"ok, lemme see if I can nail it with the 1st shot"........lolololo
    Congrates!
    Life is tuff.....its even tuffer when your stupid
    {John Wayne}

223 4 me
    Congradulations, thats big time! In addition I want to thank you for this post because currently the longest facility I have access to is 500 yrds. I thought Thunder Valley was members only, but I visited the sight just out of curiosity and see that non members for a few more dollars are invited as well. Its only 70 miles for me. This sight is the sh#t.

seanhagerty
    Dont miss out on rayners range either. They have a spot to air your rifle out as well.

Sean