Thread: Can I get a red blade accutrigger from Savage for my rifles?

masterblaster

Can I get a red blade accutrigger from Savage for my rifles?

I switched over to Sav 2 triggers and to be honest I cant get them adjusted above 8 ounces, so I am looking at going back to the the Accutrigger. Been reading glowing reviews of the red blade one so I am wondering if I can get the red blade ones from Savage? I do like the concept of the Accutrigger.

Savage will not sell you one, but you could put a "want to buy" add in the classifieds section here and see what you come up with.

Just be advised that the only difference between the actual red blade trigger and a regular model 12 varmint trigger is only the color of the blade. The lighter trigger pull actually comes from the use of a different sear. These different sears are only available on the target series of rifles from Savage, and they made the trigger blade red to make it easy to tell that the "factory' rifle is equipped with the target sear.

Sorry for the following Masterblaster but it has to be mentioned:
    **note to all members: Please do not turn this thread into a want to buy ad by offering to buy/sell/trade anything. If Masterblaster wishes to do that then he can post it in the classifieds where it needs to be. Due to the site rules this thread will have to be deleted and infractions given if it turns into a classified ad. Not trying to be harsh here at all. Its just that these types of threads can turn quickly and Im trying to save someone from getting infractions. There has been way too many members not following the site rules lately so unfortunately this is what it has come to..........
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

masterblaster, first, the SAV-2 trigger should adjust with no problem. I have installed many and have never had a problem getting 1.5 lbs or just 5oz's. I would be glad to look at it if you were near. You might try calling Rifle Basix and they may be able to assist you.

2nd, I am assuming you only have the regular Accu-trigger. The red blade is only an indicator that the accu-trigger is on a PTA and can be adjusted pretty low. There's only one part in the target trigger that actually separate's the two Accu-Triggers which will allow the lower adjustment, and it's not the blade.

Dennis

PS: Savage will only sell these parts to a gunsmith or an FFL.

Also, pdog mentioned above the part is the sear which I was refraining from mentioning. But I did a search and it's mentioned in several threads.

I still highly recommend working with the SAV-2 and it's a good trigger, since you already have it. Sometimes they will test our patience, but maybe watch the DVD again and start over. Maybe watching this video will help. I feel one of the adjustment screws is way out of adjustment preventing you from going higher than 8oz's. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmweGQsGvMI

If I can be of further help, just let me know.
    Last edited by Dennis; 08-13-2013 at 09:10 AM.
    [B][SIZE=3]Dennis[/SIZE][/B]

masterblaster
    Thanks gents, I am aware that the sear is the only difference as I read in many threads and savages own site, there is a video. I will give the Sav 2 another try but I have two with same issue. I didn't realize trigger questions were so sensitive on this site.

Basic Member
    it's not really the question or the answer, it is that with some questions folks want to start trying to worm a "i got this or that for sale if you want it". I don't know what they would say but you could call savage and ask about having them install one if you sent your action in. Worst they could do is say no.
    "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32 (New King James Version)

bloodhawke83
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    masterblaster, first, the SAV-2 trigger should adjust with no problem. I have installed many and have never had a problem getting 1.5 lbs or just 5oz's. I would be glad to look at it if you were near. You might try calling Rifle Basix and they may be able to assist you.

2nd, I am assuming you only have the regular Accu-trigger. The red blade is only an indicator that the accu-trigger is on a PTA and can be adjusted pretty low. There's only one part in the target trigger that actually separate's the two Accu-Triggers which will allow the lower adjustment, and it's not the blade.

Dennis

PS: Savage will only sell these parts to a gunsmith or an FFL.

Also, pdog mentioned above the part is the sear which I was refraining from mentioning. But I did a search and it's mentioned in several threads.

I still highly recommend working with the SAV-2 and it's a good trigger, since you already have it. Sometimes they will test our patience, but maybe watch the DVD again and start over. Maybe watching this video will help. I feel one of the adjustment screws is way out of adjustment preventing you from going higher than 8oz's. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmweGQsGvMI

If I can be of further help, just let me know.
    I got an FFL03, would Savage take that so i can buy an accutrigger?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodhawke83 View Post
    I got an FFL03, would Savage take that so i can buy an accutrigger?
    Get you part number and call Savage. Give them your FFL number or they may require you to email or fax it in.

Try and see.
    [B][SIZE=3]Dennis[/SIZE][/B]

To get around the gunsmith or ffl problem savage had me fax them a signed letter stating that I absolve them of all liability and they sent the parts right out.

Quote Originally Posted by stomp442 View Post
    To get around the gunsmith or ffl problem savage had me fax them a signed letter stating that I absolve them of all liability and they sent the parts right out.
    Hmmmmmm, good to know!