Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Savage Customer Service

Basic Member

It came to my attention from Stangfish that, at the very least he felt I called TC6969 out for breaking a law. What I had said was "I am willing to bet you didn't know you shouldn't have dropped it off at the UPS store and they didn't tell you either." So if TC or anyone else felt I had "called him out" for law breaking, please know that was not my intent. At that point in the chatversation it was a UPS policy that was broken.

I know no o ne likes being told they did something wrong, so if there were hurt feelings or public embarrassment over that I do apologize, I just SERIOUSLY don't want to see anyone get pinched for something they were not aware of and in this day and age get slapped with some felony charge that they make stick and ruin your fun and hobby.

When I gave the example of the DB that wanted some WSM ammo but wasn't willing to pay for proper shipping it wasn't related to TC. At the time that I was going to ship it to him I was not aware of the penalty of shipping ammo incorrectly. I knew it had to be labeled ORM-D Cartridges, Small Arms but that is all I knew. I was astonished to see the price tag it came with though.

It may seem like at times that I am a jerk but I seriously don't think that anyone I interact with here or other forums has the means to afford a 1/4 million dollar fine let alone the other things that come with it. I know I couldn't. I am not even sure what I would do if I had a 1/4 mill to blow. I have almost every gun I want and for the ones I don't have yet I don't need that much to buy them LOL
    Aries by birth, Taurus by choice.

stangfish
    Good form Plinkin. We all need to look after each other, after all there is a bunch of folks that feel very different about our way of life and are willing to make criminals out of us all.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stangfish View Post
    Good form Plinkin. We all need to look after each other, after all there is a bunch of folks that feel very different about our way of life and are willing to make criminals out of us all.
    Thanks Stang, I have been trying to get that across to many of the online shooters. it doesn't matter what or how we shoot whether it be fully auto class III guns or benchrest shooting a Striker or anything in between. We are all shooters and if we don't stick together united, divided we are easy prey.

glad you guys kissed and made up.....lol

the posting looked to be headed in the wrong direction...
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

TC6969
    Savage Customer service is Great!

I DID look back at the paperwork and saw a listing on the invoice for a SER001 Repair, so apparently I did have a problem and they fixed whatever it was.

I shot it yesterday and figured out that I'm wasting my time shooting Federal bulk through it, but I did get a much better group with Mini mags and surprisingly Ranger plain lead bulk shot almost as well as the minis.

After I had already packed up, I saw the guy who took over my bench unloading an Anschutz and some Eley Match, so I went over, fell to my knees and begged him out of a dozen rounds.

He also told me where I can get some for a very good price, so next week I'll try the Eley and see what it does.

Stay tuned!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pdog06 View Post
    glad you guys kissed and made up.....lol
    It was a manly kiss I can assure you, no tongue involved.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TC6969 View Post
    Savage Customer service is Great!

I shot it yesterday and figured out that I'm wasting my time shooting Federal bulk through it, but I did get a much better group with Mini mags and surprisingly Ranger plain lead bulk shot almost as well as the minis.
    I use Federal bulk for the most part for plinking, practice and initial scope zeroing. Sometimes it amazes me like this particular rifle that I had sold. At times when I have a rifle on sale on GB I offer different scopes with the purchase for additional money with the promise that I will mount and bore sight them. If I have enough time I will put a few rounds down the pipe and get it close for the buyer and send them the target. This particular Marlin shot better with the generic 3-9x40 scope that came in my DSG M93 combo than with the other scope I had on it.

stangfish
    I could still taste the testosterone!

Basic Member
    I number the groups and usually when I am doing a quick 'n dirty zero, such as this one I rush through it as someone else most likely doesn't shoot the same as me. The final group I took my time. Federal bulk, sometimes it works pretty good.
    Last edited by plinkin; 09-22-2013 at 01:38 PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stangfish View Post
    I could still taste the testosterone!
    Its my cologne

ORM-D is also used for many medical supply shipments. I understand it used for other items as well. FYI
    [B][SIZE=3]Dennis[/SIZE][/B]

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    ORM-D is also used for many medical supply shipments. I understand it used for other items as well. FYI
    I believe anything hazardous.

Disclosing to the shipper that a firearm is enclosed in the box is more for the safety of their company and employees, just in case someone is shipping one in a hazardous state. The penalty for not disclosing is loosing your privileges with the shipping company. I am still not able to clarify a law unless the weapon is illegal. Thousands of firearms are shipped weekly. Most wouldn't comprehend the firearms shipped across this country. Just follow the law and procedures.

PayPal notified me a few months ago that any item over $300 must be shipped ASR, corrected to reflect $250.00. Probably protects everyone. Shipments lost seem to be on the rise this year. I have my thoughts, but will stop here.

Dennis
    [B][SIZE=3]Dennis[/SIZE][/B]

Basic Member
    Shipments lost seem to be on the rise this year. I have my thoughts, but will stop here.

Dennis
    I read an interesting article on lost and stolen shipments when I was trying to find the penalty.

Why is it when you send a gun back to the manufacturer you do not need a copy of their FFL? Is it because it is not going back into their name most of the time and gets shipped back to the owner?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by plinkin View Post
    I read an interesting article on lost and stolen shipments when I was trying to find the penalty.

Why is it when you send a gun back to the manufacturer you do not need a copy of their FFL? Is it because it is not going back into their name most of the time and gets shipped back to the owner?
    Since it's not a transfer and it's going to a licensed party then back to the person that the firearm is transferred to.

TC6969
    The penalty for not disclosing is loosing your privileges with the shipping company.

What if a moose takes privileges with a goose on the back of a caboose?

Should he get the noose?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12