Three weeks ago I purchased a 6.5x284 Long range hunter and have been trying to make it shoot. It seems to be a pretty consistent 2.5-4"shooter at 100yds with 140 Berger VLD's I have tried reloader 22, reloader 19,vit n160 and IMR4831 at velocities from 2750-2930 I have tried seating depths from .010" off lands to 100" off lands. I have also tried Nosler 120 ballistic tips with Re 19 and vit N160 At .010" and .030" at 3050 they shot slightly better 1.5-3"@100. Rifle has Burris 4.5-14 C4 I have checked barrel float it was touching slightly at tip of stock so I opened it up a little, checked tang float that seems fine. I have checked scope mounting, screws are tight I lapped the Warne rings. They are straight I took the Accustock off I cant see anything wrong and re torqued the 2 screws to 40 in-lbs. I went through a break in process of cleaning and copper removal every three shots then every 10 for about 40 more shots I am now at about 110 rounds and have not cleaned for the last 30 to see if that might make it shoot better. so far nothing I have tried has changed it a whole lot. I don't believe its me or the bench at the same time over the same bench I shot my 270 WSM cheep Winchester into groups of .75-1" using Berger VLD's. This is my first modern Savage and I was really hoping to get something that would out shoot my 270. Asking for opinions and tips about what I should try next, should I call Savage and see about sending it back or buy an aftermarket barrel? Or I missing something on the gun itself. Thanks for any advice