Thread: Convert Blind mag STOCK to DBM

Basic Member

Convert Blind mag STOCK to DBM

Hi,

I'm looking to pick up a Savage Blind mag inlet from RMF, but my rifle is DBM. How much trouble would it be to alter the blind mag into DBM?

Chris

stangfish
    Can you repeat the question. You are going from dbm to blind mag? If so it should be no problem if it is the 4.4 action spacing, you will need the L-clip that holds the rear of the magazine in place. If it is the stagger feed you may have to buy some parts. I have no idea how familiar you are with the variences in savage actions but you need to identify which action you have so you get the right "stuff".

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stangfish View Post
    Can you repeat the question. You are going from dbm to blind mag? If so it should be no problem if it is the 4.4 action spacing, you will need the L-clip that holds the rear of the magazine in place. If it is the stagger feed you may have to buy some parts. I have no idea how familiar you are with the variences in savage actions but you need to identify which action you have so you get the right "stuff".

My rifle is a 116 TH XP (DBM). I'm not wanting to convert my rifle. I know that's possible/easy. There's a a 110 BLIND mag inlet on Richard's Microfit bargain bin (1/2 price new). I'm wanting to know if I can buy the blind mag stock and cut out the DBM inlet without trouble.