Thread: Help wtih Screw size for recoil pad

paradactal

Help wtih Screw size for recoil pad

I just ordered and recieved in the mail my Pachmayr Decelerator for my 110 30-06. I was so happy as thing really kicks like a mule. Anyway, when I removed the stcok but pad, and tried to install the new Pachmayr, the 2 screws were to short when using the pad and adapter. Even the screws that came with it were to short by at least a quarter inch from what I can tell. Anybody know the right length of screw that I can go with to make up for the adapter length? I know I can go to Home Depot and try to match it up, and I will, but I was thinking this was a pretty common problem with the Pachmayr Pads. So, Lenght and Thread of the screws I need to pick up iks what Im after, Thanks!

paradactal
    By the way, It is the older pre 95 savage 110 synthetic . Not sure if the stocks had different sized screws, on those stocks than the newer ones

thomae
    Quote Originally Posted by paradactal View Post
    I know I can go to Home Depot and try to match it up, and I will,
    Not trying to be a smart alek here, but I think you already have figured out your best solution.

paradactal
    Yup, that's what I did. Screws fit perfect now but the pad fits terrible. It's not even close. The width I can deal with but it's not even long enough. I hope it shoots better than it looks

thomae
    I have had good luck with the Miles Gilbert jig sanding pads to fit two of my rifles. I go slow and make sure I freeze the pads so they sand better. I know it's money spent for the jig, but i like the results. On the other hand, if this is a rifle for field/hunting use, who cares how it looks if it shoots well?