Thread: Look what I just made

Basic Member

Look what I just made

A cheek rest! My first time working with kydex. Pretty cool stuff. Now I'm already sketching one for my Savage Mark II. If I finish today I will post it up too.

Last edited by n10sivern; 08-27-2013 at 09:55 AM.

Basic Member
    Looking good! I really like the Kydex, mine look similar to that but I didn't make mine adjustable.

Basic Member
    Savage Mark II is done

Looks sharp. Where did you get the kydex and plastic nuts? And how did mold it?

Basic Member
    The kydex came from amazon, the knobs originally came from lowes but I ordered some round ones from mcfeelys online. Do a YouTube search for kydex cheek rest and there are several how to videos.

stangfish
    Nice work n10. Next time take more pictures of the process and start a new thread. You could get an article published here and live in infamy.

David13
    Fancy.
    I was at the range Saturday and a guy had some foam rubber tubing like, which he slit, then used duct tape to attach it as a pad, like about 1" thick.
    Nothing fancy like you got, tho'.
    dc

JCalhoun
    n10,

I would definitely like to see a how to article!

Basic Member
    ok, i'm ordering some more kydex and i will make a how to article. it's really not that hard. i have less than $10 in it when you figure that i got 3 cheek rest out a 12"x12" sheet of kydex.

JCalhoun, since you are pretty local to me, if you want one and wanna come this way to Biloxi, we can make one. it takes less than 2 hours to make from start to finish.

JCalhoun
    Awesome.

Basic Member
    I'm off Monday, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. Just PM me if you wanna meet up sometime for one

12. 08-27-2013, 11:55 PM
    Reason
    Offers to buy or sell outside the classifieds are not allowed

thomae
    This is a good thread, and a detailed how-to would be nice for a lot of folks, and yes, if it were well written could possibly turn into an article.

Please remember that buying and selling, or making offers to buy or sell, outside of the classifieds is not allowed.

Forum Code of Conduct rule 6. Engaging in any type of buying/selling outside of the classifieds is strictly prohibited.

I already deleted one post that could be construed as an offer.

Basic Member
    Thomae and everybody else. I have no interest in selling these. They are similar to the ones sold commercially, but I make mine specific to the stock, which makes it difficult to sell. Not to mention I don't have the time.

As for the write up, give me a week and I will make one for my son's 10-22. I will take detailed pics then.

thomae
    Outstanding! Looking forward to the writup. Thanks.
    Last edited by thomae; 08-28-2013 at 11:39 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thomae View Post
    This is a good thread, and a detailed how-to would be nice for a lot of folks, and yes, if it were well written could possibly turn into an article.

Please remember that buying and selling, or making offers to buy or sell, outside of the classifieds is not allowed.

Forum Code of Conduct rule 6. Engaging in any type of buying/selling outside of the classifieds is strictly prohibited.

I already deleted one post that could be construed as an offer.
    I don"t see were n10sivern was selling the cheek rest. I do see were he offered to HELP a fellow member.....

Basic Member
    I think somebody wanted to buy one from me. I think that was the issue

JCalhoun
    N10,

Thanks again for the offer. The issue is that we have several members here who see someones handy work and then beg them to make something for them. If that person then makes a few out of kindness they get get in trouble for selling stuff on the forum. It's not fair to the advertisers who pay to be here. If you want to sell them you will have to do it in the classifieds.

If you want, I can get with you some time in the near future and we can do the how to article and put it a couple of my rifles. I'll of course pay you for the materials. That way nobody makes money and nobody gets it for free.

Basic Member
    I understand. I'm not looking to make the rests for anybody. I offered to you because I still want to meet up with you and go to pgoula range for some long distance shooting. Figured if you pay for materials we could knock some out.

JCalhoun
    Cool.