Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Plain Jane Beat-Around Reliable Good Ol Huntin Rifle Upgrade Build

RiverSink

I have the same stock on my 30/06, my accutrigger trigger contacted the same spot. I just took the dremal to the stock. I also had to shim my action up a little to float the tang.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverSink View Post
    I have the same stock on my 30/06, my accutrigger trigger contacted the same spot. I just took the dremal to the stock. I also had to shim my action up a little to float the tang.
    Good to know... It's a potentially dangerous issue with the stock tripping the trigger.

I'll have to take a look at my rear tang. Could you also remove some material to float the tang rather than shimming the receiver? I don't want to defeat the purpose of the full aluminum bedding block.

RiverSink
    Yes you could do that, but some solid shims are not going to defeat the purpose of the block either.

RonboF117
    If I'm seeing your scope rings setting into your base correctly, it doesn't look as though you are utilizing the recoil lugs built into the base. If in fact that is the case, I'd recommend you move things in order to be sure both front and back are in the lugs. You do have a cross-bolt on each ring base, right? Given your objective diameter, you probably will need to get the next higher rings in order to fit the scope properly without the objective hitting the scope while still allowing you proper eye relief for your intended shooting position. This may also require you to add a cheek riser to get your head in line properly.

Kudos to you for a well thought out upgrade path with good parts. Once you get it dialed in for you, it should provide years of solid shooting.

"The only thing new is the history you don't know."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12