Thread: stevens stock

stevens stock

would it be worth bedding my stock, or getting different stock don't want to spend a bunch of money, but want to do something to improve it.

McKinneyMike

Re: stevens stock

Purchase a better stock. The Bell and Carlson Medalist Tactical is around $200.00 and it is far better than what you have now and will allow you really begin to get repeatable results as you make improvements to your rifle. There are other stocks, but for the price, this one offers the best value in my eyes of what is currently available. You could of course go the laminated wood route if that suits your style more and gain appreciably better results in the long run vs the Stevens stock.

ellobo

Bed the action, make sure the barrel and tang are free floated and your rifle will shoot just fine for minimum money. It seems you are on a budget so doing the above will give you accuracy more than adequate for most rifle chores. A new stock can be had in the future when You have more cash, and a Boyds laminate is a pretty good and relatively cheap alternative.

El Lobo (aka el Cheapo)

this gun rite now at this time is shooting one hole 4 shot groups at 100 w/ 85 grn sierra bthp's all i have done to it is tone the trigger down open the barrel channel, and paint it. i have a cheap gun, cheap scope, and it shoots good. just wondering little things to do to it with out changing the whole thing. i have been thinking kind of having a build done in 243ai or buying a rifle and getting the chanber improved. what do you guys think of the two ideas

McKinneyMike

Personally if it is shooting that well, I would not touch it :) I would find another rifle to do the upgrades to that needs a barrel or does not shoot as well as that one :)

davemuzz

Why are you messin with perfection?

Bad Water Bill

If it ain't broke don't fix it :)

Basic Member

If it ain't broke fix it and fix it and fix it ..........until it is!

ttrox

I just bought a B&C Tactical Medalist for my Stevens 200/. I also am putting a SSS recoil lug on the new 6mm BR barrel. Question will the SSS recoil lug fit in the aluminum bedding block in the B&C stock? If not ideas on a fix will be appreciated.

McKinneyMike

Quote Originally Posted by ttrox
    I just bought a B&C Tactical Medalist for my Stevens 200/. I also am putting a SSS recoil lug on the new 6mm BR barrel. Question will the SSS recoil lug fit in the aluminum bedding block in the B&C stock? If not ideas on a fix will be appreciated.
    The Dremel Tool is your friend ;D