Thread: Savage 111 Picatinny Rail

ycastane

Savage 111 Picatinny Rail

Ive had this rifle for a few yrs now. Had a nikon on it which i removed and installed on my ar15 and now im bringing back the stock to it but i noticed after installing it in the 2 rings it brought, the eye relief is to far, i need a picatinny rail so i can bring the scope close. Honestly i think i might have been pushing my head forward to get a good eye relief, noticed now since im better at shooting so i know how things are done.

What do you guys recommend for rails? Thanks!!!

MikeMcC
    I've got two "custom" 110s and used EGW rails on both of them; from what I've seen I suspect they're the most popular, and they happen to be pretty inexpensive too. They're good picatinny rails, but they're tall so you'll likely need low or extra low rings to clear even a 50mm objective.

ycastane
    Which rail would i need feom EGW? Been to their site but nothing says savage 111 or anything of that nature.

thomae
    Any rail marked for a long action 110 will fit your rifle. You need to determine if you have a flat back or round back receiver. Look at the top of the receiver aft of the ejection port. If the top is rounded, it is a round back, if the top is flat, it is a flat back.

ycastane
    Quote Originally Posted by thomae View Post
    Any rail marked for a long action 110 will fit your rifle. You need to determine if you have a flat back or round back receiver. Look at the top of the receiver aft of the ejection port. If the top is rounded, it is a round back, if the top is flat, it is a flat back.
    Ohh crap!!! I just ordered the rail from middy but not sure what it was, or whether it was specified. Anyways i'll just return it worst case scenario and order the correct one. Thanks Thomae!!!

If you're standard 2 piece bases can't you just turn the back one around? Rails are OK but the scope's too high for me even with low rings.
    "An armed society is a polite society"
    "...shall not be infringed" What's the confusion?

ycastane
    Actually i just checked the rifle and both the front and back are round, i have at the moment 2 very small about 1" picatinny rails where the rings attach and the bottom of those rails are round to hug the barrel. I smell trouble already LOL.

ycastane
    Quote Originally Posted by 243LPR View Post
    If you're standard 2 piece bases can't you just turn the back one around? Rails are OK but the scope's too high for me even with low rings.
    The rings i have on them right now are straight up they are not flared like the Nikon rings i have for the AR15, turning them around will not do a thing at all except change where the tightening screw is either left or right.