I have a Stockade Prairie Dog Special that is on my wife's F-Class rig. It's previous incarnation was as a .223 Rem with a 24" Lothar-Walther medium varmint taper barrel - shot very well and she did pretty good with it. For something different, we opted to change to a 6mm BR - 28", Brux 1-8" tw .272" nk, medium varmint taper. Unfortunately, while the new barrel looks pretty good and I have every confidence it'll shoot fine, it seems to have some clearance problems in the barrel channel. Not side to side, but along the bottom. Seems like it's a bit thicker further down the length, and is contacting the forearm near the end. The stock has a couple coats of primer and paint on it, so I can sand through that okay, but after that... what happens when I'm down to the fiberglass? I've heard very bad things about cutting through the 'glass and compromising the structural integrity of fiberglass stocks. I'm almost considering whether it would be better to bed the action 'up' a little to give it a touch more clearance rather than fool around with the barrel channel?

Any suggestions?

TIA,

Monte