Thread: Savage LRPV Fluted?

steveinwv

Savage LRPV Fluted?

I see some pics of part#18148 Savage LRPV left port 22-250 1 in 9" twist that have a fluted barrel (Savage website) and some that don't (Gunbroker). Do they actually even make this gun with flutes?

Re: Savage LRPV Fluted?

The 2009 and newer models come fluted. If you see a new one without flutes then it is an older one still in their current inventory. Just as good a gun, one just has a bit more bling!!!
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

steveinwv

One thing I notice about my new VLP-DM is that the surface finish on the barrel is much better than my older VLP 25-06. The flutes are deeper also. The flutes so crappy on the old VLPs that I would just assume not have them. The new flutes are beautiful, albeit not necessary. Thanks for the reply.

BenPerfected

Quote Originally Posted by steveinwv
    One thing I notice about my new VLP-DM is that the surface finish on the barrel is much better than my older VLP 25-06. The flutes are deeper also. The flutes so crappy on the old VLPs that I would just assume not have them. The new flutes are beautiful, albeit not necessary. Thanks for the reply.
    A few months ago I bought a NIB non-fluted LRPV 22-250. I sent it to Savage and they fluted shortened the barrel 2", test fired and shipped back for less that $150. Bling is important