Thread: how to convert savage model 11 to hinged floor plate ?

jalex1941

how to convert savage model 11 to hinged floor plate ?

Hey guys, im wanting to convert my savage from its blind mag to a hinged floor plate, I keep hearing that you can do it but I never hear how to, I would like to just buy a wooden stock that already has a hinged floor plate but I would be just as happy converting my synthetic over, so if anyone knows where I can start I'd really appreciate it.

stangfish
    Unless you have a mill or are extremely talented with a dremel and the cutting of plastic/composite, the easiest thing to do is purchase the stock and floor plate. Better idea. Sell your rifle and purchase a 16 weather warrior or 14 classic in the caliber you like.

Team Savage
    You will need to purchase a wood or synthetic stock with the DBM/HFP inletting. Then you will need to purchase the metal magazine assembly frame with the HFP bottom cap and the short front action screw. Your current metal CF magazine box and follower snap onto the HFP bottom cap. Northland Shooters Supply (NSS) usually carries Savage factory stocks and the parts you need for the conversion. Call Jim and he will make sure you get all the parts you need. If you don't have a metal trigger guard, you might want to get that also.

You can call Savage Arms with your serial number and order the parts and a factory stock. But be prepared for sticker shock.

The cheapest way to get a Savage factory synthetic stock with the HPF/DBM inletting is to become a paid member so that you can access this site's classified section and look for members selling factory take-off stocks with the proper inletting. You can also add a Want to buy (WTB) post. Nurmrich Gun Parts would also be a place to look for a Savage factory stock and parts. Boyd's gunstocks now offers walnut and laminated stocks for Savage CF actions with the HFP/DBM inletting.

stangfish
    Boyd's gunstocks now offers walnut and laminated stocks for Savage CF actions with the HFP/DBM inletting.
    Good point JP. I forgot that Boys had started supporting the Bottom metal fans.

brasse
    Nurmrich Gun Parts, Boyd's and Stocky's all have DBM stocks. I purchased two Savage factory walnut DBM stocks from Nurmrich.

As to prices, it looks like the Savage prices are cheaper than Brownells or Midway.

Not sure if you want black or stainless, the weather warrior has both DBMs and hinged floor plates.