Thread: took my axis to range today (vid)

lotusboyrulz

took my axis to range today (vid)

so i took my axis to the range today. so i figured i would shoot farther than i ever had with it. i have only shot out to 100yds..... tell today i figured since the range had a steel target at 195 yds. i would shoot at that so i did and this is how it went.

fsr402
    You're looking. Watch as the gun goes off you pick your head up to look at the target. Keep your head rested and watch thru the scope. This is something I fight with when hunting. If I don't force myself I'll pick my head up which not only messes up my shot but also makes a follow up shot almost impossible.

Nice video, wished we had steel on our long range.

I agree with fsr402, you never know when you will have to make a follow up shot!

Nice shooting!

You're looking. Watch as the gun goes off you pick your head up to look at the target. Keep your head rested and watch thru the scope.
    For sure. Don't move off the rifle stay down with it. In other words stay in the same position you were in when you pulled the trigger. Looks like you could use some support on the right elbow too.

lotusboyrulz
    thanks for all the info i plan to take vids of all my shooting.

Nandy
    You might be better off shooting with bags or at least a rear bag. You look young, how old are you if you dont mind me asking?

Nandy
    Also, if you are shooting steel and you dont use too much magnification it is easier to see the impact.

lotusboyrulz
    i am 16.

Nandy
    pm me your address. I have a caldwell rear bag that has a little leak but if you use some duct tape or alike you can use it. It is a real nice bag... It will help you a lot.

lotusboyrulz
    i did.

Nandy
    OK I left for a trip and won't be back home until monday. I will let you know when I send it so you keep and eye on it. I myself and not comfortable shooting from bipods althought I do use them when hunting. I use one of the Caldwell front shooting rests as it makes it a breeze to adjust. Before that i shot off bags in the front too. Very stable and it came natural for me. I think you should load the bipods a bit.

Nandy
    Package was sent this evening. When at the post office I realized I did not have your name so I sent the package with Lotus Boy as the addressee so let everyone in your household know so they wont think it is junk mail and toss it out.
    Try to use shooting bags for the front as well, locate them about just under the front action screw. Those can be the regular sand bags, It will make it steadier. To use the rear bag I sent you all you have to do is to set the stock between the rabbit ears not farther than the last inch of the stock. Adjust whatever front rest/bags/bipod you are using to be as close to bullseye as possible with your crosshairs generally higher than the bulls eye. You will use your left hand to squeeze the rabbit ears to make the final adjustments before working your trigger.
    Ideally your would minimize touching your gun to the absolute minimum you have to in order to allow you to control the gun recoil. Since your gun is light start with a steady grip and then work the way off slowly to be sure you dont end up with a blackeye... You do this to minimize human error and see how far can you push your rig and loads. Hunting of course will be different so if you are going to hunt with that rifle I suggest you also practice your hunting style, whatever it is off hand, bipods, etc.
    Oh one more thing, if you ever dont need the bag anymore all I ask is that you do as I did and pass it to someone that will use it. Preferably someone that is starting. I placed a masking tape where the bag was leaking. Maybe duct tape will be enough to keep it from leaking. Good luck, shoot straight.

Nandy
    Did you ever received my package with the bag?

lotusboyrulz
    yes i did and i should be shooting with it as soon as i learn how to shoot with a bag. lol

Nandy
    Great! enjoy, there is not much to it but it is very helpful. You can probably Google it up.

afartinthewind
    How's the bipod treating you? Did you reinforce it at all? I've been thinking of adding one but worried about the stock flexing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

lotusboyrulz
    the bipod works well! no i do not have it reinforced! the stock doesnt flex that much were the bipod is ! im thinking about getting a limb saver my rifle kicks like a mull. i was also looking at a scope that is dirt cheap. its from a Japanese company but i have had good luck with cheap scopes. so i thought i might as well try in the scope is a KM 10-40X60mm for $200(ebay) will a full return policy. or a center point 6-20X56mm for $200(walmart).
    Last edited by lotusboyrulz; 08-30-2013 at 05:12 AM.

Nandy
    I dont think the large lenses will give you an edge shooting unless you are hunting. In scopes you generally get what you pay for and I would not risk getting a scope of unknown quality at ebay. If your only options are those two I would go the walmart way as not only they give you 90 days back return policy on most (im sure it includes scopes but double check) but they pretty much take everything back as long as you have the receipt and the packaging is not destroyed. Good luck.

PS - check this one out... http://www.opticsplanet.com/vortex-c...fle-scope.html