I sincerely hope I'm not wearing out my welcome here. All I'm trying to do is get my gun up and running-

Just purchased a used but looking brand new Boyds stock for 110 LA, heavy barrel. Couldn't wait to mount the gun in it. Upon trying to do so, I noted it wouldn't quite fit. Examining it, I see that the recoil lug is set back (toward the action), about the thickness of the recoil lug. I put some long nails through the mounting holes and the holes line up perfectly. I thought at first it was a problem with the stagger feed mag well.

Come to find out that the stock is for a center-feed action, and I have a stagger feed.

My question then is- can I dremel / route out the recoil lug area in the stock and not have any further problems (with the gun, not with me) ? It seems the mag well will fit fine- will there be any issues other than the recoil lug area? Will I have to modify the mag-well area on the stock?

Just to be thorough- my gun is an early 90s 110 Long Action, Stagger feed blind mag / top loader, heavy barrel, 5.06" action bolt spacing, in .223 Rem. OH- and three screw trigger, side bolt release.

Thanks again all...not trying to be a PIA- it comes naturally! Got a great deal on the stock and if I can make it work I'd like to, BUT I DONT WANNA SCREW IT UP. That's how I got into a new stock to begin with (See my post "Now I Did It!")

Brian