Thread: new Axis shooter, so far so good

snipersyn

new Axis shooter, so far so good

Hello all,
    Just a quick introduction here.
    I picked up a used Axis in 308 a 2 weeks ago and so far I'm pretty impressed for such an inexpensive hunting rifle.
    This is my my first foray into large caliber/long range rifle shooting and I'd like use to the Axis as a platform to practice and work on my long range shooting skills.
    My Axis is currently outfitted with a Redfield Revenge 3-9x scope and Leupold medium rings, a Tac Pro kydex cheek rest and I've modified the trigger (coil trim mod).
    I took the rifle out to range and tried out some handloads (Hornady Match 168gr BTHP, R.P. Brass, 44gr Varget @ 2.800 COL) and was getting 1" groups @ 100 yards outside of some fliers. I think the trigger pull could still be a little lighter.
    Anyhow, my follow up posts will include some photos of my rig and my targets.
    Cheers! BB

Basic Member
    Welcome, sounds like you have a good shooter!

snipersyn
    Quote Originally Posted by missed View Post
    Welcome, sounds like you have a good shooter!
    Thanks, she's not bad. I was taking around 5-7 minutes for barrel cool-down between each group firing. Lots to learn.

thomae
    Welcome. I think you will like this forum. Lots of helpful folks are here willing to help you out.
    Please take a minute to familiarize yourself with the standing rules of the forum. Most of them are here:
    http://www.savageshooters.com/showth...User-Agreement

For what it's worth, many of the questions you may have (either now or in the future) may already have been answered, so please try searching for answers. If you don't find what you need, please don't hesitate to ask in the appropriate section of the forum.
    In general, you usually aren't the first person to not know something or to have a specific issue. We've all been there at one time or another and are happy to help you learn from OUR mistakes instead of making your own.
    - We also look forward to learning from YOUR experiences.

Again, welcome.