Thread: scope rings question

desmo

scope rings question

Would Burris Signature rings fit on a Leupold standard 1 piece mount? Or do you have to use Leupold rings with a Leupold base?

Basic Member

Re: scope rings question

If you are talking dovetail front and the windage adjustable rear style rings, they should fit. My 300 WM currently has a 1 piece Leupold base with burris rings, the plain style rings, not the ones with the inserts.

Mike

desmo

Ya I'm talking about the standard type base you mentioned. But I was looking to use the Burris Signature rings with inserts with the standard Leupold base. Are the Burris rings with the inserts any good or just a gimick?

Basic Member

The Signature rings should fit just fine. The inserts are most definitely not a gimmick. I use them on all my rifles.
    Charlie
    laportecharlie

oldguy

I have a Leupold one piece mount(dove tail) and Burris zee rings works fine, I use the Burris signature on all my scopes, easy to set up doesn't mar scope no lapping necessary just a win win for me.

beradon

Yes, they will work fine and they are no gimmick. I use them on all of my rifles. Perfect alignment and no ring marks on the scope

desmo

I'm trying to figure out which Burris Signature rigns will go with my Leupold standard 1 piece base. I used a medium Leupold ring before but I notice with Burris the have a medium 1" ring set and a medium 30mm ring set. Which one would I need?

beradon

1" or 30 mm refers to the scope diameter. Most common scopes are 1". You can measure it with a caliber or mic or it may be engraved on the scopes body

I have Leupold bases with Burris Signature rings on two of my rifles.
    Least expensive place I found for the rings is at www.opticsplanet.com
    While you're at it, buy the kit with all 3 sizes of inserts (5/10/20) if not two kits. It will save you the hassle of ordering them later when you realize you'd like a size 10 or 20 to align your scope, and all that came with the rings is the size 0.

FYI, both of my rifles with these rings use a 20 size in the front (-20 side down) and a 10 size in the back (-10 side up) in order to line up the crosshairs with my laser boresighter at 100 yards. Doing this I've only had to adjust them 8 clicks for one rifle, 12 for the other to be right on my point of impact.

desmo

Ok, I think my Nikon Monarch is a 1" scope. Thanks ;D