Thread: left hand model 16 staggered feed blind mag- new stock

Tazmanian

left hand model 16 staggered feed blind mag- new stock

looking for a new stock prefer pistol grip style for my l/h model 16

it has an internal blind mag and is staggered feed.....

There is nothing avail in Australia and will cost about $600 - $900 to get one made....

and help /// links would be appreciated

Taz

I'm afraid I cant be of much help locating what you're looking for. I can suggest that altering what you have by bedding it and relocating the swivel studs to the rear some and possibly even shortening the fore end may help with flex and unwanted barrel contact especially if shooting from a bi pod. I have seen where some guys have added material (wood epoxy etc.) to the grip area to make it more vertical but have never done so myself.
    though you;re looking for a rare bird I think lefty makes an aftermarket offering even little tougher to find. If you can find a right handed stock to fit the bill the fix is easy enough. I have converted a similar right handed stock to lefty by simply filling in the bolt cutout with epoxy ( be sure to maintain clearance for the bolt release) and cutting a new bolt cutout on the left side with a dremel and a file.
    Good luck and I hope you find what you're looking for.
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

Tazmanian
    there is nothing wrong with the rifle but I just prefer to have a pistol grip style....in the year and half I have had it there has been hundreds of vermin big and small sent to the big grain fields in the sky....

Basic Member
    Can you not get any of the Choate stocks down there or get it shipped ? They make them for your rifle.

http://www.riflestock.com/store/do/manufacturer/2

I'm a lefty and I'm going to order two of them for my drop box mag guns.

Team Savage
    You will have to deal with a Company that can ship to OZ. I tried shipping a stock to OZ and it got stopped at Customs, never to be seen again. The Guy that it was shipped to got raked over the coals. Not a good situation for him.

Have you checked with a company called Wild Dog in Australia? They made a couple feeble attempts to setup a distributor in the U.S. back in 2004/2005 then gave up on that idea and I haven't heard anything about them since. At that time they had just started offering Savage stocks.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain