Thread: 218 Bee

Hippy

218 Bee

I have a REAL bad hankering for a Bolt Action Repeater in 218 Mashburn Bee. I have had them in the past on Winchester 43 , and Sako L46 BUT I would like a later more modern action based build . Will the short cartridge feed from a Current magazine, or suggestions?

Thanx,
    Jim

Is the mashburn based on the original bee brass? I have 2 guns in .218,one being a ruger#1 and the other is a 1894 classic marlin which is really accurate,it almost outshoots the #1. Soooooo To say I like the bee is an understatement.Good luck on your build.I think the mod 25 would be easy to rechamber in the mashburn.
    Willing to give back for what the sport has done for me!

Basic Member
    One of the new model 25's with a smooth barrel nut is a possibility. But I've only heard of 1 of them that has even been talked about by a person who just bought one. (in the model 25 forum)

Besides that, the older model 25's don't have any barrel nuts and will require a smith to swap the barrel.
    Couple rf's, couple cf's, and 1 12g.

Everything I once held dear
    I count it all as lost

You could build one on a custom reciever or just get a cooper.You could use a ruger 77mkII,the action they built the hornet version on.
    Willing to give back for what the sport has done for me!

Basic Member
    I remember reading somewhere that the rimmed cartridges were a real pain to get to feed properly (to use as a repeater) in a 10/110 action. I cannot find the thread about it now though. It may be possible in a different action, like the 25, if that is what you were thinking anyway. I will keep trying to find that old thread...

Basic Member
    One of the problems in doing this with a current 22H action is that the base of a 218 Bee is unique unto itself. The bolt would need mortified.
    Aries by birth, Taurus by choice.

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.