Hello,

I have a bmag mounted with a leupold vx-2 3x9x40 on it with Burris Rings. I was only able to obtain 2 boxes of the 25 grain ammo. Last weekend I finally got out to shoot it and was thoroughly disappointed. I was only able to obtain 3 to 4 inch groups at 100 yards. I've taken the scope off and leveled it out again, used a torque wrench to put the screws in and also all the screws are loc-tited in for the scope, still no luck. I will key two shots then the next few will be several inches off. I can deal with about an inch at 100 yards as my own error but when shots are moving 4 inches I can't believe it to be me as although I'm not an olympic marksman, I can shoot a gun. Could this be an issue with the scope? The dials for windage and elevation seem to have a bit of play between the clicks. I thought maybe the recoil is causing them to move, but if that were the case the grouping should still be well within an inch as each click is 1/4 MOA. Has anyone else had or heard of this issue? All the reviews I read on here are pretty positive except for the ejector missing, which mine has (although I did have one shell that didn't eject today). I'm all out of ideas. I'll probably let my dad shoot it just for my pride and conscience's sake but my next step is to contact Savage or see if I can pass it off to someone else.

Thanks in advance for your ideas,
A.J.