Thread: SSS options

desmo

SSS options

Once Fred finally has your rifle what would be the most crucial upgrades to ask for? I want a T&T for sure but since you have to wait so long for the big day might as well get everything done at once. Besides a T&T what are some other recommended upgrades? I have a model 10FCP HS by the way.

Re: SSS options

a comp. trigger, comp. recoil lug, and if you want a new barrel then a barrel too.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

dsculley

Don't forget the fluted bolt. Those look really good. And perhaps a new bolt handle.

The list goes on and on!!!!
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

82boy

You need to deside on what trigger you are going to use, because the T&T job times THAT trigger to the action.

MSG Janoski

Quote Originally Posted by desmo
    Once Fred finally has your rifle what would be the most crucial upgrades to ask for? I want a T&T for sure but since you have to wait so long for the big day might as well get everything done at once. Besides a T&T what are some other recommended upgrades? I have a model 10FCP HS by the way.
    What's wrong with your rifle now? What are you trying to accomplish?

desmo

Quote Originally Posted by 82boy
    You need to deside on what trigger you are going to use, because the T&T job times THAT trigger to the action.
    Would a trigger upgrade be worth it if your rifle has the stock accu-trigger setup installed on it?

Regarding why I'm cosidering more upgrades than just the T&T I figure if it take so long to get the gun in front of the Savage gunsmith extraordinaire might as well use the opportunity to my advantage and do a couple more things that might improve on the gun's stock design.

82boy

Quote Originally Posted by desmo
    Would a trigger upgrade be worth it if your rifle has the stock accu-trigger setup installed on it?
    Depends on what you like and what you want to do with the rifle. Some people love the accu-trigger, and are plenty happy with it. Some people shoot a factory class and keep this trigger for this reason. Some people don't care for the feel of the accu-trigger or want something that the accu-trigger can not accomplish, and therefore they change triggers. IMO I think the SSS competition trigger is leaps and bound better than any accu-trigger, and if you need a true 2oz trigger the SSS evolution is the only option available at this time. The main thing is to decide what you want before you have the action T&T'ed.

Toyoda

I stayed with the accutrigger, I like it.
    I stoned all the surfaces to smooth them out and installed a varmint spring. I cut down the accutrigger spring to make it a little lighter.

desmo

Ya I think I'll stay with mine too.

Does the T&T job include a longer tactical bolt handle and the lift kit? Are they all part of the package or sold independently?

82boy

The SSS T&T job includes a lift kit, but if you want a tactical bolt handle you will have to purchase it separately. You do not have to have to bolt handle at the time of the T&T, changing it will NOT affect the timing.