Well I hope I didn't screw up, or I should say, I hope the guy who did the work ALREADY didn't screw it up ??
I have a feeling I should have gotten on here and asked this ? before this barreling project took place. I had a very well known outfit install a barrel on a brand new 12 LRPV only to receive it an realize that it just doesn't look quite right. Slight rewind, this is my first experience with a Savage action... I asked for a nutless install and was told they don't do it any other way, okay that is what I wanted anyway so go for it, as they seemed to know more about it than I did?

Well my ? ... What is the minimum amount of shoulder that should be in contact with the recoil lug ? I don't think they realized this is a large shank action and the barrel they used is a 1.200" which only left approx. .038" of shoulder in contact with the lug. Looks very skimpy and has me worried about support/ridgidity as this was a 30" MTU contour. Has anyone had any experience with this situation and was the outcome okay or is (to late now) 1.250" the minimum to work with on a large shank without a nut ??

Any counseling is welcome as I probably won't get much sleep until someone responds as no one in the know is available by phone till Monday morning.

Thanks!