Thread: 1st post as a new Savage nut?

Hutch

1st post as a new Savage nut?

Hi. I'm Hutch, and i'm addicted to savage.

Just bought my first savage. mdl 12 vlp 22-250 9 twist. i haven't put it on paper yet, this called a job seems to be interfearing with my need to squeeeeeeze....BANG,Flop!

First question, many more to come I'm sure, just how versatile is the 9 twist barrel going to be. In your experiance, how light of a bullet can you shoot accurately??

If I can't shoot the 50 and 55 grainers as well as the heavier stuff I'll be most interested in picking up a 12 twist barrel.

Anyhow, that's all for now.

Hutch

dcloco

Re: 1st post as a new Savage nut?

Your 9 should shoot 40's on up to 69's, 75's, and 77's.

Hutch

That is exactly what I was hoping for when I threw down that hard earned hunk of change. Thank you good sir!!!

Hutch

TnTom

Hi Hutch!!!!!!
    Remember the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. If you need a sponsor forget it because no one here that I've run into has ever recovered. Actually IMO there are some real hard cases lurking behind every trigger, every scope, every stock just waiting for just one more shot. Personally I think I can quit any time I want I just need to tighten that group up just a little more. All I need is one more group to take the edge off.

Uncle Jack

Hi, I'm Uncle Jack and I'm a Savageaholic.

Unfortunatly, even if you are a friend of Bill W., there is no 12 step program here. There is no known cure. While this addiction may lighten your wallet and/or weigh down your credit card, it usually does not effect your liver.

uj

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jack

Unfortunatly, even if you are a friend of Bill W., there is no 12 step program here. There is no known cure. While this addiction may lighten your wallet and/or weigh down your credit card, it usually does not effect your liver.

uj
    He's right. And it is a given that you will be a repeat offender! ;D

TnTom

uj
    It will wear out all the cells that help you resist temptation. Things like diapers for the baby or another 8 pounder of powder. We just let the baby run around bare ass all the time.

Doogy

from one new member to another, welcome! I like this place already; cordial members, none of the arrogance i witness on other boards, and a great product. What more can one ask for?!

358Hammer

Hi. I'm Hutch, and i'm addicted to savage.

First Savage purchase and he is addicted? I am thinking that he should give that Savage away pronto to one of us that hasn't got the problem!

Neal

Uncle Jack

".....he should give that Savage away pronto to one of us that hasn't got the problem!"

Who in the He11 around here would that be?

uj

Basic Member

"The quality of life depends on the liver," can't remember if Jethro or Bertrand Russell said that...but beware the enablers!

dcloco

Quote Originally Posted by wbm

uj
    He's right. And it is a given that you will be a repeat offender! ;D
    Ditto.

dcloco

It always starts with one. ....and then another. ....and then another. Then, you get smart like some of these fellars who have raised the eyebrows of the significant other...and they start buying barrels. (of course, this is AFTER the UPS person has your cell AND work number on speed dial and meets you in the parking lot of their favorite lunch spot because you cannot have anything delivered to the house anymore).

Easier to sneak "this old barrel" into the house than trying to explain your excitement of diving into a box full of packing peanuts looking for the new dies, scope, rings, or trigger that just showed up.

Ok....sounds like he is "IN". Help the our newest family member in with some of the other, um, well, um..."ways" that will help him out. :)

Song Dog

Quote Originally Posted by dcloco
    It always starts with one. ....and then another. ....and then another. Then, you get smart like some of these fellars who have raised the eyebrows of the significant other...and they start buying barrels. (of course, this is AFTER the UPS person has your cell AND work number on speed dial and meets you in the parking lot of their favorite lunch spot because you cannot have anything delivered to the house anymore).

Easier to sneak "this old barrel" into the house than trying to explain your excitement of diving into a box full of packing peanuts looking for the new dies, scope, rings, or trigger that just showed up.

Ok....sounds like he is "IN". Help the our newest family member in with some of the other, um, well, um..."ways" that will help him out. :)
    That above is mint!!!... I got the Max1 early this week and should be able to get the 12 BTCSS early next week. Its a good addiction.

In Christ,

Song Dog

358Hammer

Jack

Gave all but one to my wife years ago. Christmas,4th of July and Birthday's (hers and Mine) I give her another one.

She doesn't know it, but she has a 6.5 Stretch and a 338 Stretch coming near the end of this month. ( my birthday!)

Neal

TnTom

now you have me feelin all guilty. My wife's getting the 6br she deserves. I've been thinking only about myself. That's jst one of the problems with addictions. me me me...

Basic Member

I am 72 now and many years ago, to many to remember. I always thought Savage was not so much in demand by all the shooter I traveled with. It was Remington, Browning, and Weatherby if one could afford them. Well about a year ago I bought a 6BR Savage 1-12 twist F class, well I was totally misled, first outing after getting it sighted in where I wanted it I shot the smallest group I ever shot in my life, the only rifle I had that would even come close was my 40-X remington single shot 6MM remington. So nowdid I go and buy another Remington? No I went and bought another F class in 6-284. Not satisffied I am about to try my hand at rebarreling, not my F class but went and bought a savave action and am putting a 223AI 26" barrel on it, If I find it to be something I can do I will atempt bigger and better things. When I get this done if I get it right I will send it to Mr Russo to have a target stock made for it as this is something I won't tackle as I am a wood butcher. Getting to the point I am now a Savage addict and any future rifles or strikers will be Savage. Thanks for reading this old farts rambling on, if by chance to read this reply. God Bless you all. lou
    A great civilization is not conqured from without,until it has destroyed itself from within. In God We Trust

Hutch

Hmmmmm.....so, if I buy her one too, she'll be hooked. Then it'll be like a free pass!!! Oh and Bubba, the UPS driver,and I go bowfishin for carp when the spring rains come And I work his wife so the extra packages show up at work ;D Although he does bring US a big box full of veggies through-out the summer. So yeah, you can say I've developed a good relationship with my UPS driver.

Hutch (Lou, I am blessed! Thank you sir)

Uhm...that's work WITH his wife. just caught that.....suprised no-one hammered me on it, I would have

Basic Member

Well...I guess mine has gone beyond addiction and turned into a lifestyle. My better half has just accepted the facts of my plundering and says to me "honey...you got another one in the mail today". I think she is in denial.

If ever you have too many mouths to feed, send them to me and I'll make sure they get a healthy diet.

Steve
    16-223, 10 223, 10 FCP 308, 111 30-06, 110 30-06, 111 6.5x55, 112 338-06/6mm Rem, 110 300 WinMag,