Thread: Where are the Savages?

utbrowningman

Where are the Savages?

Checked with five stores - one national and 4 locals with one being the largest volume dealer in Utah (had three long guns in stock whereas prior to the run on guns, had probably 200) and there was not a Savage to be found. Where are they? I'd like to deal locally but am also watching some online auctions.

Woodser

Re: Where are the Savages?

Hummmm, good question. No shortages of Savage rifles in this neck of the woods. Went to a gun show the before Christmas and must have seen several hundred Savages there, new and used. Must be a local ordering situation. Savage was down for the holidays, but that should not have affected any store's or shop's supply, since they get them from distributors.

I'm in Utah, where have you been looking? I can find them all over Utah County.

utbrowningman

Quote Originally Posted by Carvera
    V-Bar in SF
    CAL Ranch in SF (forgot about them - so 5 local)
    Gunnies
    Van Wagenens
    Sportsmen's
    Cabela's

.30-06 which is what I'm looking for and when called, they said there were no Savages in stock. At Cabela's, I only asked for the AM 114 so they could of had others. But the others places did not have a single Savage in stock.

the_right_reverend

We have the same problem in Eastern NC The big boxes have a limited selection and the local dealers act like they are the swine flu...

i order from Buds and have them ship to a friend at the pawn shop takes on the average of 2 weeks

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php

woody

Here in central il. there seem to be plenty. I went to a gun show sat. and one dealer had two tables full and there were several more around.
    Stopped at a large dealer on the home and he had a large supply too.

No trouble here in Pa.

Try looking in our vendors section for Northland Shooters Supply. He had a whole pot full of factory guns he is selling at discounted prices. Great guy to buy from also.

http://savageshooters.com/SavageForu...c,27961.0.html
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

lwink

+1 for Northlander if you go the online route.

Quote Originally Posted by utbrowningman
    Quote Originally Posted by Carvera
    V-Bar in SF
    CAL Ranch in SF (forgot about them - so 5 local)
    Gunnies
    Van Wagenens
    Sportsmen's
    Cabela's

.30-06 which is what I'm looking for and when called, they said there were no Savages in stock. At Cabela's, I only asked for the AM 114 so they could of had others. But the others places did not have a single Savage in stock.

V-Bar is a gunstore/shop run out of a gas station. A safe next to the register???..... nuff said.

My brother in law works at Cal-Ranch. While they currently don't stock any Savage/Stevens rifles on their shelves, they can order them for you no problem. If you go to Cal-Ranch, ask for Larry or my brother in law Ryan.

Gunnies also is a place that doesn't normally stock Savage rifles, (not a good enough gun in some of their eyes). I was there getting primers the other day and saw a guy walking out of the store with a brand new Stevens 200. They to can order them in for you. The guy you want to talk with is Wyatt.

Van Wagenens is a joke! Norm has run that place into the ground. Rumor has it that he is in some legal problems and that his place maybe shutting down soon. What a shame, you used to see that place packed with all kinds of guns. Maybe it's all coming back on Norm for the way he's treated people in the past.

Sportsman's Warehouse has always had Savage's there. Bottom shelf, behind the scopes. My buddy Blair can work with you over there.

And then there's Cabelas. They have a whole section of Savage's. They will be to the right of all the rimfires on the wall. Haven't made friends with anyone over there. Not exactly the friendliest of people up there.

tropicmaster

Talk about a helpfull reply to a question! All the way down to names- I'm impressed.

And my wife says I'm in the gunshops too much.. LOL

Nice reply Carlos. Cant get any better info than that.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

Big Grover

I wonder what the deal is with Norm at Van Waggenens i bought a lot if guns from him over the years. And every time i go in there i dont know what to expect, the ok Norm or the jerk Norm He has really given up on trying now. The Gunnies guys are strange about guns they sale stuff and you ask them if about guns and pretty much everything is crap Ruger sucks Savage sucks Marlin bolt guns suck. They want to sell remmys and sigs

utbrowningman

Quote Originally Posted by Big Grover
    I wonder what the deal is with Norm at Van Waggenens i bought a lot if guns from him over the years. And every time i go in there i dont know what to expect, the ok Norm or the jerk Norm He has really given up on trying now. The Gunnies guys are strange about guns they sale stuff and you ask them if about guns and pretty much everything is crap Ruger sucks Savage sucks Marlin bolt guns suck. They want to sell remmys and sigs
    Every time I go to VW, Norm always has a smart ass comment to a question I ask. Or he does not even look up from whatever he is reading to acknowledge you are there.

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by pdog06
    And my wife says I'm in the gunshops too much.. LOL

Nice reply Carlos. Cant get any better info than that.
    There is a lesson that us younger folks can take away from your situation pdog. get all the custom builds you can BEFORE you get married haha lol!
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.