Thread: 10-110 Stocks

Question 10-110 Stocks

My questions for the list as follows.

1. Can I fill the front end of the Tupperware stocks with bondo at the same time I add some weight to the front end the I m going to as some to the butt if the stocw
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]U.S. Army Retired Disabled Veteran[/SIZE][/FONT]

thomae
    Sure. Should not be a problem.

Basic Member
    You can use "Bondo", but I like to use "Epoxy" that is designed for use on plastic. You can get it at most hardware stores. It "bites" real well and it doesn't get so hot that there is danger of warping, or melting something. If you want to add weight to the forend, you may as well stiffen it at the same time by adding a couple of peace's of "al thread" (as shown here a while back) and kill two bird with one stone. The "al thread" provides the weight and stiffness, and you only need enough "Epoxy" to hold it in place. To add weight to the butt, I would just add lead shot, or wheel weights, or gravel, or whatever, and top it off with "GreatStuff" foam. That way it can be removed later if desired.
    Hope this helps :) .... GoogLuck-GoodShooting - Jim

thomae
    Quote Originally Posted by thomae View Post
    Sure. Should not be a problem.
    Sorry, I need to correct myself because I misread your question. I don't think that bondo has the structural strength to not disintegrate over time. I would use an epoxy. JB weld is available in la 10 ounce economy size and is relatively inexpensive...that is what I have used. On my Axis, I used aluminum tubing (admittedly I had it on hand) and JB Weld in the forearm, and used threaded rod (all-thread) held in with JB Weld to reinforce the wrist area.