So, in the course of replacing worn parts in my 110 LA .223 I contacted Numerich and ordered an extractor, an ejector, their respective springs, the retaining pin for the ejector. Got the parts in and everything was ok except for the extractor- they had sent in it's place a half-moon spring clip looking thing-looks like a retaining spring for a .22lr bolt (?) Set that back- they sent me out the same part again(!). Got off work this A.M. and spoke to "Jessica" at Numerich. We finally located the right part- verified by picture and all, but it's out of stock

Called Brownells- they are out of stock too

Called Savage...good Lord I've heard nothing but good about their customer service. It's hot, it's Friday and maybe 'ol Andrew was having a bad day. He said he can't (or won't) be able to help me using my serial number because it's too old. I understand the company transitioned several years ago so I get that, but he would not give me a part number so I could maybe get a picture, verify that it will work, and order one. He said I need to get a serial number off a newer gun that has a similar extractor. I guess I could go to a local gun store had look at the bolts that are on guns in stock...

Are there any other parts suppliers I can contact?

I dunno, but I don't think many people are gonna be overjoyed about giving up their serial number. BUT if anyone here is willing, and knows they have a newer gun with a similar extractor, I could send that person the money and have them order it for me? Any suggestions short of suicide I'm willing to entertain. Loooong hard night at work and I know the devil is in the details-but this is frustrating.

BTW- I DID give Savage the part number and sku number that Numerich had for the correct extractor part. Andrew said those numbers do not equate to Savage's part numbers....

Thanks good people. ANY help is appreciated.

Brian