Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Action Timed and Trued by Stockade?

Basic Member

Action Timed and Trued by Stockade?

Anyone ever have an action timed and trued by Stockade?

Yes I have had 2 rifles timed and trued by Kevin, excellent work. I highly recommend.

Basic Member
    Thanks for the reply. Sending off a stagger feed long action today, will post back with the results.

I'm waiting on one to get done, hopefully pick up in August. Will let you know results. Will probably give him another one then.
    12 LRP .204, 200 .243 project rifle. (action), 116 SS action, 200 270

Basic Member
    August? Talked with Kevin yesterday and he said it would take about a week. How long have you been waiting?

He is building a whole rifle for me. Ordered barrel in April, sent him action in June. He is doing alot of custom work on it. was told that for just action job a week. My project will take him some time, and I'll be 3hrs from him in August, so scheduled that as finish date. Want to handle some of his other stocks for another build I'm starting, and see how his tensioned barrel feels.
    Since you'll have yours quicker let us know, I might send him my second one to pick up then as well.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mattri View Post
    August? Talked with Kevin yesterday and he said it would take about a week. How long have you been waiting?
    That means 3-4 months minimum. I have had several actions and bought many stocks him. Quality is excellent and worth the wait......but expect a wait!
    Be careful of what you wish for, and always be mindful of what others are trying to accomplish

Basic Member
    Will be sure to post the progress. I got a Prairie Dog/Tactical from him almost a year ago, had weight aded to it for a lr rifle, it came in pretty close to his estimate.

LRJammer
    Quote Originally Posted by Handloader View Post
    That means 3-4 months minimum. I have had several actions and bought many stocks him. Quality is excellent and worth the wait......but expect a wait!
    Wrong. Kevin is a man of his word. I sent him my action and he told me it would be 5-7 days to get the work done. Eight days after I sent my action, it was returned via UPS. Stockade really is a joy to deal with. Customer service is something that most gunsmiths dont even understand, much less practice. They do excellent work at a fair price and meet their time estimates. I will absolutly use Kevin on all of my future projects.
    Last edited by LRJammer; 07-17-2013 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by LRJammer View Post
    Wrong. Kevin is a man of his word. I sent him my action and he told me it would be 5-7 days to get the work done. Eight days after I sent my action, it was returned via UPS. Stockade really is a joy to deal with. Customer service is something that most gunsmiths dont even understand, much less practice. They do excellent work at a fair price and meet their time estimates. I will absolutly use Kevin on all of my future projects.

I agree, he has been a pleasure to talk on phone to, and I knew rifle would take time as I'm at the barrel maker mercy. He will get more of my business especially if this rifle turns out how I expect it.

Ah well.
    Last edited by wbm; 07-18-2013 at 04:32 PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LRJammer View Post
    I am glad that your one and only order was returned so quickly....I am posting my experience from four different rifle/stock builds from Kevin (so I am bemused that I am wrong). One build that was SUPPOSED to be a three week build took **** near 6 months, Two of the stocks were supposed to be a 8-14 week build....took a few additional months. The work he does is great, I am not suggesting it is not.

How about the OP post his: send and return time (from start to finish), and include the suggested turn-around "wait time." I hope I am wrong....
    Be careful of what you wish for, and always be mindful of what others are trying to accomplish

Every dealing I've had with Kevin has been delivered on time as promised.

The only thing that takes longer than expected is the phone calls. He likes to chat.
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

din
    Quote Originally Posted by geargrinder View Post
    The only thing that takes longer than expected is the phone calls. He likes to chat.
    That seems to be fairly common among the vendors and smiths we have here, and it's a nice change from doing business with people who make you feel like your business is somehow inconveniencing them.

I am glad that your one and only order was returned so quickly....I am posting my experience from four different rifle/stock builds from Kevin (so I am bemused that I am wrong). One build that was SUPPOSED to be a three week build took **** near 6 months, Two of the stocks were supposed to be a 8-14 week build....took a few additional months. The work he does is great, I am not suggesting it is not.

How about the OP post his: send and return time (from start to finish), and include the suggested turn-around "wait time." I hope I am wrong....
    This... I love my rifle but 14-16 weeks turned into over a YEAR... Yes you read that right lol.

Basic Member
    Interesting replies. Again, I've only had one dealing with Stockade, the product was even better than I expected and the lead time was very accurate. Action is en route, should arrive sometime next week so I wil post the progress as it happens.

Basic Member
    I've been waiting on a money saver prarie dog since Jan 3. I was quoted 3-4 months and it's been 7 1/2 months and still no word.

Nandy
    I wonder how much of the delays are in his control. It dont make sense that he is on time for some and way past his estimate for others...

I personally have had excellent service from him and he is a great guy who supports his products.
    Willing to give back for what the sport has done for me!

Basic Member
    My Elk Stalker took over a month longer than I was told. I ordered it in September and got it in late March. Nice stock but I don't know if I'll wait again.

LRJammer

The work I had done was a true and time so basically just machine work. Sounds like there may be something to there being delays on other aspects (such as stocks) that he may not have control of. Fortunately I do all my own stock work so I am not dependant upon a smith for that kind of work. However, I have waited 4-5 months for blueprint and rebarrel from other well known smiths that quoted me 30-45 days turnaround.

Basic Member
    Sorry for the long delay but things have been nuts here, The action was returned within the time quoted and the price was exactly what they said it would be. Haven't had a chance to work with it yet but so far the customer service side of things has been excellent.

stangfish
    I want to add a bit to the equation. When dealing with products or services that are not off the shelf items, you are competing for a service or product that is possibly unique to the supplier you have chosen. Often hand made or at least rare compared to buying something from the large outdoor stores. There are tens of thousands of new gun owners with countless savages being part of that number. The internet and the forums quickly spread the word about quality products. It was just two or three years ago you could buy prefit/used barrels any day of the week for you savage. Only the less famous brands have barrels in stock today. It is a new world for savage owners.

Do you have to go through an ffl to send him an action? Or can it just be UPS'd straight to him?
    "An armed society is a polite society"
    "...shall not be infringed" What's the confusion?

Quote Originally Posted by 243LPR View Post
    Do you have to go through an ffl to send him an action? Or can it just be UPS'd straight to him?
    It can go straight there, and he can send it straight back to you.
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast