There are several trigger mods for the axis/edge, however, I've found that you get the best results when you do all of these variants of the mods.

First off, if you've probably heard of the mod where you cut a coil off of the factory spring, don't do this mod, the spring is just too stiff and you will only lighten the trigger pull by a small amount, so, you'll have to replace the spring, with a lighter one. I found a perfect one at my local ace hardware. You may need to cut the new spring to the right length. To get the spring to stay in place, use a set screw in the hole in the trigger, this allows you to adjust over travel. Do not do the variant that uses a roll pin in this hole, as you will not be able to easily adjust the over travel. And mind you, that getting all that over travel out, makes a huge difference for the feel of the trigger. If you have a lot of over travel, it shakes the whole gun when the trigger breaks. Another procedure that helps lighten the trigger, is polishing the sear and the groove in the trigger, there are different ways of going about this, I personally used some flitz and a buffing wheel. I also stoned the groove a bit, but there wasn't much difference. Another major mod to do is to shim the trigger, see the link at the bottom for info on how to do this. It really helps to clean up the break. And lastly grease the pivot on the trigger and the sear, this helps smooth things out a bit.

Anyway, if you do this series of mods to your axis, you'll most likely be very with your new trigger pull, as I've done most of the variations of the mods and found these versions to yield the best trigger pull. happy modding!

Hint: a handy place to store the factory spring is in the triangular recesses of the stock near the recoil lug. So it's always there just in case you ever need to send in your axis for repair.

Here's the info on shimming
http://www.savageshooters.com/conten...igger-Shim-Mod