Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Convert Your Bottom Bolt Release To A Top Release

BigRso

You guy work fast they are all sold out... Lol

Thanks for sharing this is a huge help in my search for a bottom metal option for my model 16.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRso View Post
    You guy work fast they are all sold out... Lol

Thanks for sharing this is a huge help in my search for a bottom metal option for my model 16.
    Hey my fellow New yorker, try these guys there right down the street from you.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/

Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

BigRso
    Quote Originally Posted by scope eye View Post
    Hey my fellow New yorker, try these guys there right down the street from you.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/

Dean
    Thank you Dean but they are sold out as well.

stangfish
    Yep. When you post something on the internet somebody goes out and buy every last one.

BigRso
    Quote Originally Posted by stangfish View Post
    Yep. When you post something on the internet somebody goes out and buy every last one.
    You got that right, I bet a lot of people where looking for this fix I know I was.

Quote Originally Posted by stangfish View Post
    You got to be kidding me, WOW I am speechless, if that's the case that's just wrong.

Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

You can get them from savage directly, but you will have to have them sent to a gun smith or an FFL.

Dean

Nandy
    Just wait for them to be available. Im sure that is not going to be like the ammunition shortage...

stangfish
    I bet Fred has some.

Someone is trying to corner the market, on trigger sears.

Dean

I think I may have found some, I will keep everyone posted.

Dean

I have found some stainless steel sears, and they seem to be more forgiving when bending them plus the coolness factor, they are 21 bucks I have the part number, so PM me if you want it because I am not posting it on the forum, since some one scooped all they others up "shame on them" and if you do PM me make sure you are contributing member of this forum post wise, please don't ask me for the part number if you have a half dozen posts, I will give it to you but only after I feel all the frequent posting members have had a chance to get there's a couple at a time hopefully.

Dean

Basic Member
    Savage never made them in stainless....they are just plated to look that way. Also the "silver " sears were never made in the accutrigger version, which has a staggered notch in the center of the engaging surface.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

Team Savage
    I ordered a side release sear as soon as I saw scope eye's post. I got it and was able to bend slightly and attach to my action and it worked. But it looked like there was a stress fracture had started at the bend. It snapped when I tried to bend back closer to the action with only a slight amount of pressure. So go slowly, check often and don't bend more than absolutely necessary to just clear the action or it will snap as noted by sharpshooter.
    Last edited by jpdown; 07-16-2013 at 08:32 PM.

Nandy
    You should be able to braze that back with 5 or 6% silver brazing rods like what is used in the hvac industry. Make sure you clean it good and use paste on it. You should be able to do it with propane but if you have access to oxy/acety then use a small tip like a number 1 or so. You dont need to get it too hot, as soon as the steel start turning red you are closer to the temp. It is under 200% probably...

Thanks for clearing that up sharpshooter, nice job on the plating who ever does it,
    sorry for your woe's JP,

Dean

stangfish
    Quote Originally Posted by Nandy View Post
    You dont need to get it too hot, as soon as the steel start turning red you are closer to the temp. It is under 200% probably...
    If you mean 200* and steel starts turning red I'm going to have to come learn you somethin boy!

Rick90Can
    Any updates on this subject?

Anyone experience problems with sears breaking?

New part numbers that maybe work even better?

It occurs to me if you want to use heat to bend the lever but not affect sear hardness, you could heat sink an area right between the two.

Also, I believe there may be some type of paste that will prevent some heat transfer occuring on the covered area of a part... but that might be hazy memory.

You see there is more to me than just, "Scope eye and his friggin outrageous speed obsession
    well there's still that too right?

Yes siree Bob.LOL

Nandy
    I have had no problems at all.

bigcheese920
    When you change the sear does it make the pull feel a lot heavier?

Nandy
    it does. if you look at both sear the accutriger one has a notch on the surface where it contacts with the trigger. I assume than this reduces the area of the sear that contacts the trigguer thus reducing friction. I think I was able to get a 1 lbs crisp trigger pull. could not get it any lighter and I have no need for lower pull so I haven't play much with that or that rifle for that matter. once I get a 22-250 9 Twist for that action I will play with it more.

bigcheese920
    Well i have the law enforcement accutrigger so right now it's at a pound and a half which is fine for my purposes. So would it be heavier than that or the same?

Nandy
    I have not play with that one but I would not be surprised it does get heavier.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast