Thread: Anyone using a Burris E1

Anyone using a Burris E1

Is there anyone else using a Burris E1 scope? I just recently purchased my 3rd and I am really impressed with what my money gets me with these optics. The features and performance I have experienced are way, way over what I expected from an optic in this price range. I really like the hunter turrets and have run box tests with 2 3-9x50s and they are repeatable and dead on. My only problem is that the lenses are so good (fully multicoated index matched) they will allow you to see into really faded light (heck call it what it is, darkness) and the reticule (etched 2ndFP with hold off for both elevation and wind) becomes hard to pick up. I think my next one will be lighted.
    I've seen talk of a lot of different optics here, We all know the brands and I know a lot of us get set on what works and look no further. Many of us have learned the buy once, cry once and in many cases that's a good policy. Heck for quite a while until the economy tanked I adopted it myself realizing a quality product beat buying 3 that weren't. I'm here to tell you Burris has slipped in a great product on us at a great price.

Anyone else have experience with them and what are your thoughts good bad or indifferent?
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

stangfish
    I was burned on cheap optics a while back and I turned against them. China being the quality antichrist didn't help especially when some of the companies had no intention of doing anything but raping the willing "get something for nothing" Americans. I still have a problem with their labor practices but that is another topic. Post like yours that have evidence of some quality and with more than one test piece is tangible and I can relate to that. Good post, Thanks

Despite the link to Dicks Sporting Goods they are not made in China. The current political and economic climate did push Burris to open a factory in the Philippines where these scopes are made. They are however made in a Burris Factory that's exactly like the US factory, By Burris employees and with Burris quality control at the helm. they are not farmed out re branded products like so many others.The factory is supposedly set up so that production can resume in the US as soon as the economic and political winds shift favorably once again.
    I have used there products for years owning several of their US made pieces and the higher end stuff is still made here in the US. I now have 3 of the E1s with the last arriving just this week. It's a 3-9x40 that I just mounted that was a steal.
    For what it's worth here's a link to an overview of Burris.http://www.chuckhawks.com/overview_burris_optics.htm
    Hopefully some other owners can chime in on their experiences with the products.
    Last edited by big honkin jeep; 07-11-2013 at 03:54 PM.

maxl
    Hey Jeep, I was on the fence about the E-1 your review was helpful I have been wanting a 4.5x14 for a varmit rig and had it narrowed down to a E-1 or a weaver classic I think I will give the E-1 a try thanks.

Give it a go and then stop back in and give us a range report on your experience with it. I'm sure you'll be impressed.