Hey All- shot my new-to-me 110 LA .223 today and am VERY happy so far! I have some scope mounting issues but I think I know how to correct them at this point.

Initial sight-in at 50 yds. produced repeatable 3 shot groups aprox. 1/4 x 1/4" .At 100 yards shooting regular 3 shot groups at 3/4 to 7/8" with an occasional flyer..the worst being 1 1/4" () This using Federal bulk pack ammo. 55Gr. FMJ. VERY hot Pa. day, sweat runnin', heart thumpin', smell 'o gunsmoke in the air...

Few minor problems; PLEASE HELP. Extraction is weak / wimpy. My research on this forum suggests going with a .140" detent ball. The thread I read member "Sharpshooter" offered the solution and at that time had some balls (I'm sure he still has balls ). But the thread is old. Anyway I could not find anywhere I might be able to purchase some? Anyone know? ALSO I thought I'd replace the spring while I was at it. Anyone have a source, part number orrr..?

Also- the plastic trigger guard is buldged and split I guess from previous owner trying to torque the mounting bolt. I saw in a thread that Brownells had 'em- but they seem to be out. Any suggestions for a supplier? Again it is a tupper-wared stock, long action .223, serial number F05xxx. I'm guessing early 90s? I'd like a matt one, but will not be opposed to a stainless.

Really excited about this gun. My buddy's gonna teach me how to reload for it and I'm anxious to see how it (and I) do.

Thanks so much guys and gals! I love this forum and SAVAGES!

Brian