Thread: savage rules!

newguy

savage rules!

when they say a savage is accurate right out of the box they aint kidding! today i shot the 2nd box of rem. .223 fmj through a brand new predator and my 2nd scope thats been mounted, and by the time i was done i had my best 4 shot group. 2 overlapping holes and a 3rd just a smidge away #4 was less than a 1/4 away from the rest. 3 holes could be covered by the primer end of the casing and all 4 could be covered with a quater. this was done at 100 yards and slightly breezy and cold. also the ammo is cheap remington 55 gr fmj from wally world. i'm stoked!

newguy

Re: savage rules!

i also want to state that the rest i was using was homade from scraps of wood and i was shooting off my tailgate. and i am not the greatest shot but this gun makes you feel like you are.

possum1

Time to smoke a cigar ;D

Basic Member

Whats really awsome, is winning a competition- no matter what- with your Savage Rig and the guys you are competing against all have $4500 customs- Bat, etc. There is no better feeling!

Basic Member

I would not change a thing with your rifle.

What I would do is try some quality ammo rather than the Rem bulk stuff from WM. I suspect your groups would drop substantially in size. If you can, try to reload for it but that may not be needed based on your performance.

Sounds like you have a shooter.

Dolomite